Nathan

Sorry for the wait yall! But hey 2,410 READS!!!!!! AND 50 VOTES!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS

You are half way to two side stories!!!! Just fifty more votes you guys! I will officially start writing the first one and post it as soon as we get to a hundred. How bout that?

Hope you guys like this! <3

~Josie<33333

**************************************************************************

Nathan dragged me around for about an hour before we end up back at the town square. Nate, still holding my hand pulls me closer to him. "Do you need to find her right now?"

"Umm?" I say not quite sure what he means. This whole situation is confusing to me. I would like to find Minnie, but we have been looking so long, she has probably already gone back home with out me.

He smiles. " I guess I should be more direct. Would you do me the honor of spending a few hours with me and showing me around? Only if you have no other plans of course."

I don't really know what to say. I guess showing him around wouldn't do any harm. Minnie has probably left with out me, so why not? "I suppose a few hours wouldn't do any harm."

"Really?" His eyes light up.

I nod and smile. “I don’t really know my way around to well though. I haven’t been here in over a year.”

“Oh, are you from out of town too?” He asks as we start walking down the block.

“Well, I live on the outskirts and I don’t get out much.” I tell him and glance down at his hand that still grips mine.

He doesn’t seem to notice as he keeps walking. “So, you must be home schooled then?”

“Umm, I guess you could say that. I have never really been to school.”

“I see. I am home schooled myself.” He looks over and smiles at me. “If I wasn’t I wouldn’t have the pleasure of meeting you.” We come to an intersection and he looks down each way. “Any preference in which way we go.”

I shrug and he turns left. I know this road; it’s the road that we took here. We walk along the road and talk. I learn that he is here with his fried who is I collage. He is looking for his family that he lost contact with and they both grew up around this area, but have never been in this town. I don’t tell him much. I tell him I am an orphan and spent my whole life on the outskirts of town.

“I couldn’t imagine not having a family.” He states. “I cherish mine so much, I could imagine them gone. My sisters, brothers, parents, I love them all. That’s why I agreed to help my friend. We hadn’t spoken since I moved to California, but one day I got a call begging for help. I was all he had left. I just can’t imagine…” He looks at me. “How do you it? My friend has been with out his family for just a few years ad he is going insane trying to find them. You have lived your whole life without one.”

I shake my head. “I have a family. They may not be related to me, but they are a family none the less.” I look over at the creek that runs beside the road. Nate follows my line of vision as I watch the water trickle crossed the rocks.

“Come on.” He whispers in my ear as he drags me off the road and runs towards the stream. It’s quite impossible to run in the shoes I am wearing, so I end up falling flat on my face. “Are you okay?” He laughs as he helps me up.

I sigh, take off my shoes and throw them at his head. “Take these”.

“Umm, okay.” He catches my shoes and watches as I stand up again.

“Race you.” I smile and take off running.

“What? Wait!” I hear him laugh as he takes off after me. I get to the edge of the creek first and skid to a stop on the muddy bank. I hear him come up behind me and shout “I win!” as he jumps into the creek.

“Hey! I think I won!” I protest as he slashes around in the creek.

“Nope! I was in the creek first.”

“I am not getting in there.”

“Come on, Elise! The water’s great!” He plops down on his butt and motions for me to join him.

I laugh at how ridiculous he looks splashing around in two feet of water. I creep towards the edge and stick the tip of my toe in. The water is warm like it usually is in the summer. I take a step in get the hem of my dress wet.

"There. Happy?"

"Nope. You have to come all the way in." He states

"I am not doing that." I argue.

"Yes, you are." He argues back.

"You can't make me!" I put my hands on my hips and he smiles.

"Are you sure?" He jumps up and I run out of the creek. He chases me into the grass and picks me up.

"Put me down!" I scream and laugh as he twirls me around. After spinning around multiple times, we fall to the ground, me on top of him. Our faces are inches apart. He smiles at me and I quickly roll off him.

"look! You got me all wet!" I motion to my damp dress and he laughs.

"That was the point."

I glare at him, but end up laughing and laying back into the grass. We talk about nothing in general. The reasons we like the town, the scenery, and our favorite foods. Then we start talking about the future.

"I don't know if I ever really want to grow up and leave my family. I wish I could stay there for ever." He sighs. "Three years is going to go by too fast."

"Three years?" I ask.

 I am fifteen, when I am eighteen, I will go off to collage. Or so my parents hope." He looks at me. "Are you going to go to collage? I know a lot of girls are going now a days."

I shurg. "I hope so. If I get enough money. I don't want to stay here longer than I have to." He laughs. "What?!" I exclaim. I never thought my dream was improbable, let alone laughable.

"Nothing," He stops laughing. "We just want the exact opposite thing."

I smile. I guess that is sort of funny. Two people in the same world who have two completely different lives,  want completely different things ,and now they are sitting in a field talking about their lives together.

"How old are you anyways?" He looks me up and down. "Not that I really care, I just can't place your age. You're different from most girls my age I talk to."

I hesitate for a moment. I really don't want to say I am ten. He will probably start treating me like a kid then. Thats what most people do anyways. I think how old I could get away with. Thirteen? Is that still to young? He is fifteen after all. Maybe he wouldn't mind if I was ten. Needless to say, I need to give him an answer.

"Well, I am, umm, t-" I am cut off by someone clearing their throat behind us. I quickly whip my head in the direction it came from and see a man standing there. I nervously take in his hefty build, bleach blonde hair, and casual clothes. But then I notice some thing that makes me gasp. His eyes. The strangest color of brown that seems purple under the right light.

David