CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Taehyung and Jimin sat at the edge of the lake, staring out at the mermaids splashing around.

Jimin had spent a lot more time with Taehyung since he'd discovered how lonely he was, and Taehyung had accidentally allowed himself to develop feelings for the human. He'd never acted upon these feelings because there was no way a ghost and a human could be together.

"Hey Taehyung..." Jimin said, breaking the silence that had fallen between them. Taehyung looked at Jimin and raised an eyebrow. "The people you kill... do they ever come back?"

"Sometimes. But generally if they do, it's not in this lake." Taehyung said and sighed. Even though he'd tried multiple times, he still clung to the hope that the next person he killed was the one who stayed with him forever. "Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering how many ghosts were down there."

"There's none. None except me." Jimin nodded and stood up, holding out his hand. Taehyung placed his hand in Jimin's and was pulled to his feet. "What are you doing?"

"I want to swim." Jimin pulled his shirt off and chucked it where he had been sitting. Taehyung tried to not too obviously check out Jimin's abs as he was pulled into the water.

It amazed Taehyung that Jimin could just hop in the water, that he didn't seem to feel its cold. On numerous occasions, he'd also given Taehyung hugs, seemingly unfazed by his wetness.

"Come on, Taehyung, don't look so down." Jimin splashed some water at Taehyung, attempting to provoke him. Taehyung pathetically splashed some water back, and Jimin huffed. "That was terrible."

"Sorry..." Jimin smiled as he shook his head, walking closer to Taehyung. He then pulled Taehyung down into the water, though it wasn't as effective as he would have liked as Taehyung was unaffected by the cold.

Still, the pair ended up laughing when they resurfaced, mainly because of how stupid they were acting. Jimin was a grown man, splashing around in the water, while Taehyung was a sixteen year old boy, who was technically a lot older.

-

Jimin and Taehyung sat back in the shore, while Jimin slowly dried off. Jimin was leaning against Taehyung as they continued to stare back out at the lake.

"I like you a lot, Taehyung." Jimin said, making Taehyung look at him. Jimin smiled up at him, and if Taehyung still had blood pumping through his veins he probably would've blushed.

"I like you too..." Taehyung said quietly, looking down at the ground. Jimin tilted his head so he was looking at him again.

"I didn't mean that in a friend way..." Jimin said before leaning in and closing the gap between their lips. Taehyung's eyes widened before closing, and he began to kiss back.

-

Jungkook's eyes widened as he was pushed backwards on to the couch, Yoongi attacking his lips as he fell down on top of him. Yoongi roughly kissed Jungkook, unbuttoning his shirt.

Jungkook hadn't really been expecting this sudden makeout session, but he wouldn't deny that he liked it.

Yoongi nipped Jungkook's bottom lip, his fangs digging into it slightly. Jungkook parted his lips and Yoongi's tongue slid inside his mouth, exploring the place he'd gotten quite familiar with after numerous interrupted makeout sessions and kisses.

He was pretty sure Woozi was completely dead to the world and wouldn't be interrupting them this time, and Jeonghan would just stay with Woozi so he wasn't a problem.

Jungkook pulled Yoongi closer by his shirt, their chests pressing together, among other things. Yoongi nibbled Jungkook's neck, tickling him. He then sucked on Jungkook's collarbone, leaving a hickey.

Yoongi's eyes suddenly glowed when he felt Jungkook's heart beat, and he felt the Gumiho in him struggle to get out. In an attempt to distract himself, Yoongi returned to kissing Jungkook, his claws digging into the mattress on either side of Jungkook's head.

Jungkook could feel Yoongi's fangs a lot more obviously as Yoongi kissed him, and that was because they'd grown. Right now, Yoongi would any heart no matter how weak it was, if it wasn't for Jungkook.

"Appa! Appa!" Yoongi looked up, while Jungkook sighed. Whenever they tried to do anything, something always stopped them. Whether it was a child, or just them being too tired, they were never able to finish a makeout session or even escalate.

"Appa!" Yoongi climbed off Jungkook and walked into the bedroom, where Jeonghan was sitting up in bed.

"What is it?" Yoongi asked, trying not to let his annoyance show in his voice. Jeonghan smiled as his tail flicked behind him.

"I'm thirsty."

-

-

-