CHAPTER ELEVEN

"I am going to attempt to go one hundred days without eating a human heart." Yoongi said to Taehyung that night while Jungkook slept. They'd spent the past couple of hours eating the snacks they bought with the money Yoongi had stole, and planning an agreement for Yoongi's attempt to become human.

"You are?" Yoongi nodded, then frowned and shrugged.

"Kind of. Jungkook and I have decided I'm going to try to make it to the very end, but then eat a heart so I don't become human." Taehyung began to smile.

"So do you like Jungkook? Are you doing this for him?"

"Nah, the deal is I get a kiss for every day I go without eating a heart. Jungkook decided he wanted to help break my addiction." Yoongi smiled. "And Jungkook's kisses are the best. Seriously, I'd tell you to try them, but they're mine."

"You're so cute when you get possessive." Yoongi frowned at Taehyung, nudging him slightly. Taehyung chuckled. "What? It's true..."

"I'm only getting possessive because I don't want people tainting Jungkook's lips with their own." Yoongi stood up, stretching. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go sleep... With Jungkook."

"Have fun." Taehyung winked. "But not too much fun."

-

"Hyung, can I see my parents please? Only really quickly. So they know I'm alright. You can come..." Jungkook asked the next morning, after spending a couple of hours lying in bed with Yoongi.

"Okay." Previously, Yoongi might have hesitated in saying yes to that, but now he trusted Jungkook a bit more, and he was going to be there so it wasn't so bad.

Jungkook smiled, kissing Yoongi's cheek. Although they weren't dating or anything, Jungkook had no problem giving out kisses. He'd already made out with him, so it wasn't too bad in comparison.

"Thank you, hyung." He said.

"I hope that wasn't my kiss for the day, because that was terrible if it was." Jungkook shook his head, which made Yoongi smile. "Good. Now, if you want to go out, we should probably get cleaned."

"You just want to see me in my underwear again." Jungkook said as he sat up. Yoongi grinned and winked at him.

"You know it."

-

Jungkook stood out the front of his house - well, his old house - and exhaled slowly, trying to calm his nerves. Yoongi stood at his heels, in his fox form. They'd both agreed it was easier to explain having a dog that was part fox to Jungkook's homophobic parents than that he was living with a guy.

Jungkook lifted his hand to knock on the door and felt Yoongi rubbing his head against his leg comfortingly. Jungkook then knocked on the door.

There was the sound of people walking around inside and the door swung open. Jungkook's mum's face went from confused to relieved in the space of a couple of seconds. She wrapped her arms around Jungkook suddenly, hugging him tightly.

"My baby, I was so worried..." She said quietly. Jungkook hugged her back and looked up when his dad appeared at the door.

"So you've finally come running back to us, have you?" Yoongi decided he didn't like Jungkook's father and growled at him, drawing everyone attention to him. "And you've brought a stray mutt too."

"Yoongi is my dog, he's not a stray." Jungkook said, having to force down the strong desire to laugh at that sentence. "And I haven't come back, I just came to let you know I'm okay."

"Aw, Jungkook, please come back home." His mum said sadly. Jungkook shook his head.

"I'm still gay, and until you can accept that I'm not coming back." Jungkook's dad crossed his arms, leaning against the doorframe. "That was all I came here for."

"Please don't go..." Jungkook shook his head, hugging his mum once more. "Jimin misses you."

Jungkook hesitated for a second before smiling sadly, pulling away from his mum.

"Tell him I said hi."

-

Jimin frowned as he saw his friend, who'd randomly disappeared after running away, walking down the street and talking to the dog that walked next to him.

"Jungkook!" He called out, going to run to Jungkook but a car drove across the road, stopping him. "Jungkook!"

Jimin attempted to get Jungkook's attention as more and more cars drove past and failed. By the time the traffic had stopped, Jungkook had gone.

But that didn't stop Jimin. Jimin ran across the road anyway and ran in the direction he'd seen Jungkook go, desperate to see his friend.

He wasn't letting Jungkook run away again.

-

-

-