CHAPTER TWO

Yoongi cleaned himself up as he waited for the boy to wake up, slightly annoyed his snack was interrupted by someone as uninteresting as him. He didn't even have a good heart.

Once he was clean and relatively presentable, Yoongi sat next to the unconscious boy and stared at him. He huffed, growing impatient, and leaned backwards against the tombstone behind him.

The boy remained unconscious for a fair while, which only annoyed Yoongi, who wanted to move the boy out of the cemetery before someone came but also couldn't be bothered moving him himself.

"Where am I?" The boy muttered when he finally woke up, opening his eyes slowly.

"The same place you where at when you fell unconscious." Yoongi said, sitting up slightly. "Literally. I haven't moved you at all."

"Where-" The boy's eyes widened as he pointed at Yoongi, sitting up suddenly. "You're the person eating the dead body!"

"Well, technically I wasn't eating the body, just the heart. And I don't see why it matters, they're not using it." Yoongi shrugged.

"But it's a heart. And it's gross."

"Hey, I don't particularly like the taste of your human food, but you don't see me judging you. Because I have tact." The boy frowned slightly, hesitating in his efforts to escape.

"Wait. Human food? You're not..." Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"In case you haven't realised, I have ears and a tail. And fancy eyes. I'm pretty sure humans don't have those. Naturally, anyway." Yoongi stood up, stretching his legs as he stared down at the boy. "Now, come on."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Yoongi sighed.

"The alternative is me eating your pathetic excuse for a heart. Now come on or you won't live to see the light of day."

"I'll follow you anywhere." The boy stood up, self-preservation mode activating. Yoongi chuckled and began walking off towards his den. The boy followed closely behind, but still at a distance that he thought would be safe if Yoongi attempted to do anything.

"Welcome to my humble abode." Yoongi said when they entered his den, which was pretty well kept despite its name. It looked almost like a normal house, except for the dirt and leaves and all of that stuff.

"What are you?" Jungkook asked quietly, looking around at the place.

"I'm a Gumiho, couldn't you tell?" Jungkook shrugged, wrapping his arms around himself. "Yoongi the Gumiho. You are?"

"Jungkook... The human." Yoongi nodded slowly, jumping on to his bed and lying down. The whole den was just one room, but generally this wasn't a major problem. It was big enough for one person, or Gumiho. "Why did you make me come here?"

"Well..." Yoongi began, stretching out on his bed so he was facing Jungkook. "You know what I am, and if I let you go then you'll tell everyone and next thing you know I've got a whole village chasing me with pitchforks and torches... That's happened before, just so you know. And running just isn't my style."

"I won't tell anyone, please, I promise. Just let me go home." Jungkook's previous rebellious stage had now disappeared and all he wanted to do was go home and curl up in his bed. And maybe have a shower.

"You know, anyone would say that in your position. And then they'd leave and go tell someone." Yoongi sighed, his tails curling around his body. "You humans can't keep a secret to save your life."

"I can." Yoongi scoffed and rolled over so his back was to Jungkook. He lay there, feigning sleep as he listened to Jungkook.

Jungkook stared at Yoongi's back, trying to figure out what to do. His gaze flicked to the exit, and then back at Yoongi.

He could run. If he tried, he could probably escape.

After one last look at Yoongi, who he couldn't actually tell if he was sleeping or not, Jungkook ran out of the den. Yoongi smirked as he listened to his footsteps.

It was just as he predicted.

"Poor human." He muttered to himself, rolling on to his back. "He's got himself in for quite a fright."

-

-

-