9.1 Home

⋆·⋆

(9.1) ─ Home

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:‧⁺˚*‧☾ 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐞𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐚☽‧*˚⁺‧

‧⁺˚*‧☾ 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐞𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐚☽‧*˚⁺‧

⋆·⋆

"Alright," Dean declared, sitting at the small table with Carmen's laptop in front of him. Carmen was asleep on one of the two beds, while Sam was drawing a picture of a tree on the other bed. "I've been cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig." He said before taking a sip from his coffee. "A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali–its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." He looked towards his younger brother, who was indulging in his drawing. "Hey!" Sam raised his head up at him. "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?"

"No. I'm listening. Keep going." He insisted, continuing to draw.

"And, here a Sacramento man shot himself in his head. Three times," He said, holding up three fingers. Sam didn't look up at him, Dean waved his hand before continuing. "Any of these things blowin' up your skirt, pal?" Sam stopped and started studying his picture. "Wait. I've seen this," He muttered with frown brows. "Seen what?" His brother questioned. But, Sam didn't answer him, instead getting up off the bed and searching through his duffel bag for something.

Dean took another sip from his coffee, "What are you doing?"

"Neither one of y'all are making this migraine any better." Carmen muttered under piles of blankets and pillows.

Sam had finally found the photo. A picture of his family from when he was a baby. Grabbing it and the drawing comparing the two. "Dean," Sam said looking over at his brother, "I know where we have to go next."

"Where?"

"Back home. Back to Kansas," He replied and walked over to Carmen. "How's your head?"

"Like a jackhammer hitting my head. Noise hurts the most, and yet I can't sleep it off."

"Can you take any more medicine?" Dean asked glancing at the pill bottle next to her coffee that she chugged half of the moment Dean brought it to her. "Two Advils three hours ago." She replied. "Well take two more, the maximum dose is eight, so you're good there."

"Random. Where'd that come from?" Dean asked changing the subject back to Kansa. "Alright, um," Sam stuttered, walking over towards him with the picture in hand, "This photo was taken in front of our old house, right?" Placing the photo in front of Dean, "The house where Mom died?" Dean picked up the photo. "Yeah," He agreed, looking up at his younger brother. "And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?"

"I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you takin' about?"

"Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but..." Sam trailed off looking down. "The people who live in our house–I think they might be in danger." Sam finished. "Why would you think that?" Dean asked, still very confused.