8.2 Beetles

⋆·⋆

(8.2) ─ Beetles

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:‧⁺˚*‧☾𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞☽‧*˚⁺‧

‧⁺˚*‧☾𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞☽‧*˚⁺‧

⋆·⋆

"So, you found some beetles," Dean stated looking back at Carmen in the rearview mirror. The three were back in the Impala. Dean was driving while Sam was examining one of the dead beetles that had been stuck in Carmen's hair. "In a hole, in the ground. That's shocking, I mean that's really something."

She shook her head, "There weren't any tunnels, no tracks. Not one piece of evidence of any other kind of creature down there. You know, some beetles do eat meat. It's usually dead meat, but..."

"How many did you find down there?" Sam asked, making her shrug before answering, "Nine, ten, maybe."

"It'd take a whole lot more than that to eat out some dude's brain." Dean added.

"Well, maybe there were more." Sam suggested.

"I don't know, it sounds like a stretch to me." Dead stated.

"Well, we need more information on the area, the neighborhood. Whether something like this has ever happened before." Sam retired back stating the obvious. Carmen's eyes widened as the car passed a sign for an open house that had red balloons to catch the eye. "I know a good place to start." She said, pushing herself in between her two brothers and pointing towards the upcoming sign.

'Models Open. New Buyers' BBQ Today!'

"I'm kinda hungry for a little barbeque, how 'bout you two?" Sam and her gave each other a nervous look before looking back at Dean. "What, we can't talk to the locals?" He asked. "And does the free food have anything to do with it?" She added. "Of course not. I'm a professional." He replied back. "Right," Sam rolled his eyes sarcastically. "Professional eater," She remarked leaning back. Making Dean reach back and slap her knee, "Glad to know that your reflexes still work." She muttered. "I heard that!"

Dean pulled over to the side of the street, after finding the Open House. "Growin' up in a place like this would freak me out." He stated as the three got out of the car. "Why?" Sam asked. "Well manicured lawns, 'How was your day, honey?' I'd blow my brains out." He answered. "It's too far from the city, too quiet for my liking." She added. "There's nothing wrong with 'normal'." Sam stated. "I'd take our family over normal any day." Dean said before the three were walking up to the door ending the conversation.

Dean knocked and the door was quickly opened, "Welcome!"

"This the barbeque?"

"Yeah, not the best weather, but... I'm Larry Pike, the developer here. And you are?"