8.3 Rule #22

⋆·⋆

(8.3) ─ Rule #22

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:‧⁺˚*‧☾𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞☽‧*˚⁺‧

‧⁺˚*‧☾𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞☽‧*˚⁺‧

⋆·⋆

"You know, I've heard of killer bees, but killer beetles? It doesn't really make any sense?" Carmen asked. It was now dark outside, Sam was now driving while Dean looked through John's journal. "Well, haunting sometimes includes bug manifestations." Sam answered. "Yeah, but I didn't see any evidence of ghost activity." Dean spoke up. "Yeah, me neither," Sam added and Carmen sighed. "Maybe they're being controlled somehow, you know, by something or someone?" The oldest suggested. "You mean...like Willard?" She asked.

"Yeah, bugs instead of rats."

"There are cases of psychic connections between people and animals, elementals, telepaths." Sam suggested.

"Yeah, that whole Timmy-Lassie thing," Dean started to say as he looked up from the journal, "Larry's kid–he's got bugs for pets."

"Matt?"

"Yeah."

"He did try to scare the realtor with a tarantula." Sam added. "You think he's our Willard?" Dean asked, glancing over at him. "I don't know? Anything's possible, I guess. But, he does have an interest in something." He looked through the rearview mirror with a smirk. "Or more like someone."

Carmen turned her face towards the window feeling her cheeks start to grew warm. "Have I missed something?" Dean asked, noticing something was up with the two. Getting his answer when the two answered at the same time, "No, nothing, you missed nothing. Absolutely nothing, nothing whatsoever." She quickly said while Sam smirked, "A little bit."

"Oooh, hey! Pull over here," Dean shouted out of nowhere pointing at one of the driveways. Sam pulled into the empty driveway of one of the new homes. "What are we doing here?" Sam questioned as Dean got out of the car, walked up to the garage door. "It's too late to talk to anybody else. He pushed the door up. "Dude...we're gonna squat in an empty house?" She questioned pushing herself forward next to Sam. "What's a matter, Carm? We can always move closer towards Matt's house." He teased looking over at her. She shook her head, grabbing her bag, jacket, and book before getting out and standing next to Dean, who was also smirking. "I wanna try the steam shower. Come on," The oldest said, gesturing for Sam to drive in. But he didn't. "Come on!" He repeated raising his voice slightly. The younger brother sighed before giving in and pulled into the garage. Carmen went in after and Dean pulled the door down as Sam turned the engine off.

💾

It was officially night, probably midnight but Carmen didn't bother checking the time. Just soaking in the fact that for once she was by herself, in her own room. A treat she only got for her birthday. Her bed for the night wasn't a real bed, instead just a bunch of blankets they kept in the trunk for when they slept in the car during the colder season. Something her brothers always gave her was those blankets, and they instead used towels and hoodies and other random clothing items they found.