6.1 Skin

⋆·⋆

(6.1) ─ Skin

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫:‧⁺˚*‧☾  𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡, 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐬☽‧*˚⁺‧

‧⁺˚*‧☾ 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡, 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐬☽‧*˚⁺‧

⋆·⋆

Carmen drove the Impala into the gas station, putting it into park before getting out. "I think I did a good job. I only hit two cribs." She said bashfully closing the door walking towards the front of the car where Dean met her. "Yeah, better than the ten last time." He replied moving towards the driver seat as she went to the back. "You didn't force me to pull over to the side of the road! I actually made it to the gas station!"

"Alright, I figured we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight." The oldest explained. "Sounds good," Carmen nodded, getting situated in the backseat, but Sam didn't respond, instead scrolling through his PalmPilot. "Sam wears women's underwear," Dean joked. "So that's where they went?" She added, making him laugh. "I've been listening', I'm just busy." Sam responded, rolling his eyes at the two.

"Busy?" She repeated tilted her head, "Doing what?"

"Reading emails."

Dean pushed off the car and started to fill up the tank. "Emails from who?" He asked while leaning in through the back window.

"From my friends at Stanford."

"You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?" He asked. "Why not?" The youngest brother questioned. "Well, what exactly do you tell 'em? You know, about where you've been, what you've been doin?" Dean asked as Carmen rolled her eyes, "Probably catching them up on all the sightseeing he's been doing, and nice little dinners, and all the demons and monsters he's seen." She remarked sarcastically as Dean gave her a deadpan expression through the open window as she stuck her tongue out at him.

"I tell 'em I'm on a road trip with the two of you. And that I needed some time off after Jess." He explained ignoring the two's bickering.

"So you lie?"

"No. I just don't tell 'em... everything."

Dean nodded glancing back at the gas tank before looking back at Sam. "Yeah, that's called lying. I mean, hey, man. I get it, tellin' the truth is far worse."

"So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" He asked only getting a shrugged in response, "You're serious?" He asked with wide eyes. "Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can't get close to people, period." Dean replied. "You're kind of anti-social, you know that?" Sam said as Carmen nodded in agreement. "Yeah, whatever." He muttered pulling the nozzle out of the fuelhole as Sam continued reading his emails. "God... In this email from Rebecca Warren, one of my friends-"