3

Its a little past 6pm, As soon as we got home, I went for a long, hot shower, and threw some comfy clothes on. No matter how much I try to distract myself, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I don't know why. Is it the fact that he's cute? Or maybe just general curiosity? I was deep in thought until I heard a voice.

"Mel, can you come here?" Marcus shouts.
I get up from my bed and go to his room.

"What's wrong?"

He shows me his phone, "Jesse texted saying he wants to go out for dinner, are you in?"

"Who's going?" I ask, hoping to hear that there's more to this motive.

Marcus gives me a look, "Well, nearly the whole team."

I shrug my shoulders but in my head, I kept seeing the guy. And maybe he is going to be there too. "I'll go keep you company"
I say to my brother, he nods and proceeds to text Jesse.

I return back to my room and start to get ready. Will I see him? Will he come?  I hope so.
I done my makeup, brushed my hair and changed into jeans and a crop top and paired the outfit with heels. Before I leave the room, I apply perfume and lip gloss.

Soon after, Marcus comes in, his eyes are set on me as he laughs to himself before saying, "Who did you get done up for? Jesse?"

I burst out laughing at what Marcus just said.

"Bruv you really think I like Jesse?"

He shrugs, "You make it look like you do sometimes, but don't even think about dating any of my friends." He says firmly, pouting.

I roll my eyes at him, "Jesse is my not even my type, and your other friends don't attract me."

Ofc I lied. He nods, still smiling. I could tell he was having second thoughts about what i just said. People always say me and Jesse have something going on, but he's like a brother to me. "Anyways let's get going, we don't always have to be late right?" I say to my brother who's already putting his shoes on.

"I'll join you in the car in five."