10

—this chapter will include drugs.—

________________________________________

Minutes after, we were both sipping on iced coffees, enjoying each other's company.
Jadon was still a bit groggy and looked like he hadn't slept well.

"Did you even sleep last night?" I ask.

"Hardly."

My phone buzzed, I pull it out of my pocket to check who's texting me. It's my brother, usual overprotectiveness.

- 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶??

- 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘴. 𝘜 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨?

- 𝘊𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘮𝘦. 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘴.

"Marcus?"

"Yeah, so overprotective."

"Not necessarily a bad thing."

I shrug, sending a quick text back and putting my phone away.

"Not necessarily a good thing either."

Jadon is staring at his phone screen, reading a message from someone.

"Well, since you're here, you gonna have to run a few errands with me."
Jadon says.

"Like?"

"Quick Car wash trip, then I need to go collect something."

"Okay, but we'll have to stop at the nearest pharmacy."

"What for?"

"Painkillers."

"What's hurting you?"

"Not me, it's for the wasteman that lives with me."

"Your wish is my command, miss."

We pulled up in front of the pharmacy, and I was ready to quickly hop out but Jadon stops me. He insisted he's gonna go in. And he's very stubborn. So I wait in the car, I roll the window down and start scrolling through IG. It just so happened that I ended up on his timeline, and was scrolling through the comments, and more than half were from females. It didn't surprise me either. My inner stalker was disrupted with a loud knock on the window. I look up to see Jadon, the usual smile on his face.

"These are okay?"
He asks, holding a box of paracetamol.

"Yes, Thank you."

"Anytime."

Within 15 minutes, Jadon's car was sparkling clean, vacuumed and ready to go, and we were on our way to collect something. But I didn't know it was this type of 'collection'.
The street seemed very dodgy, and there was a lot guys, who would pree any car that drove past. A bit like in the movies that portray the typical drug dealers. They were guarding the street and would stop you to ask why you're here.
So I deeped what type of business goes down here. I look at Jadon, not really sure why we were here and why he needs this but I'm not judging because I like my weed too, just not on a daily basis more like parties and occasions.

"Stay in the car."

I nod, watching Jadon climb out of the car and approach a big guy, they chitchat and shake hands and he comes back.

"Now i just gotta drop this shit off."
I look at him in confusion, and he shows me what's in his hand.

"So this is not for you?"

"For us, Actually. It will do you good as well."
He says with a laugh, looking at me to see how I'll react.

"Are you for real? I don't even do that."

"Nah, did you think I got this for myself?"

"Well yeah."

"I don't do this. Not anymore."

"So who's this for?"

"A friend who asked me for a favour."

"You're so mysterious."

"You know him too."

I was busy with my thoughts thinking about the friend of his. And why did he not just go collect it himself? This was a weird situation.
The car started up and we were again driving to the last location. But these ends I did recognize. In-fact I knew this location very well And the person who lives here. Jadon stopped the car just before Jesse's house, pulling out his phone and calling him. Minutes after, a very tired looking Jesse approaches the car, and taps on the window.

Jadon opens it, handing him the goods.

"Hey you didn't say Melissa was with you. I wouldn't have troubled you."

"It's all good, we were running errands anyway."

Jesse's eyes lock on to me, then Jadon.

"You lot have energy after last night?"

"As you can see," I say with a laugh,
"You gonna be energized after this as well."

Jesse laughs, "All of us could energized. How about that?"

I shake my head. "I'll pass, bro."

"Me too." Jadon chimes in.

"You man don't know fun, alright, thanks again and I'll see you later." A disappointed Jesse says, as we drive off.