17 (pt 2)

I felt awkward being in a strangers car but I didn't have a choice at the moment.

He turns his head to me, and says,

"What if Jadon is on his way to get you?"

As we drive on to the main road.
I shrug, pretending not to care when inside I was craving Jadon's presence.
The awkward silence was interrupted by Tammy yet again.

"You're with him, right?"

I nod my head.

"And Marcus is fine with that?"

"I guess so, although he's never satisfied with my life choices."

We share a laugh before he adds,
"It's good that they get on well, otherwise Marcus wouldn't have it."

I nod, realizing what he was saying is true.
Marcus grew really fond of Jadon, and if they didn't see eachother during the day, they would text on their groupchat.

Tammy gives me a quick glance,
"So who said 'I love you' first?"

I shrug, "No one yet."

He laughs, "Too early?"

I nod.

"He must be proper into you, no one ditches the playstation for their girl, and he does."
Tammy giggles.

It felt like we were talking about someone else right now, because Jadon was so bipolar.

Whenever he's pissed off he can be so harsh, and It just made me wonder where this behavior was coming from, and what made him act like that.

"I-I'm not sure."
I mumble to myself.

The new friend I just made looks out of the window, as we make a turn onto my street.

"Why did we not meet before?" I ask.

His eyes meet mine and he shrugs his shoulders at me.

"Marcus never really introduced us,
maybe he didn't find that suitable but I will not leave a vulnerable, young lady without help, you know?"

I roll my eyes, "Typical of Marcus, look, if not you, I'd probably had spent the night in that dark rusty room. How can I repay you?"

He shows his appreciation when a warm smile is plastered on his lips.

"No need, all I care about is you being safe." Tammy answers.

"Well, I'm stubborn and you better just not argue with me. You should swing by, we chill at mines all the time."

"I'll definitely join you lot sometime, now go and get some sleep, miss."

"Thank you for getting me home safe."
I thank him as he pulls up to my driveway and I step out of the car.

That's when I noticed the recognizable red Mercedes.
I kissed my teeth as I noticed that he was inside. He was always there when I didn't wanna see him, so I tried to walk faster to get in to the house without him noticing me. He must've seen me because he got out of the car,
I hear the door slam shut, followed by a shout.
I didn't turn around and pretended not to hear.

"Fucks sake, wait."

I could tell how irritated he was, but I couldn't be bothered with this convo right now. He was now standing right in front of me, still shouting but I remembered how he acted at the party and didn't feel like talking to him.
If there was anyone who had to explain themself, then it was him.

"Fucking talk to me."

"No, I don't wanna talk to you."

He sighs, looking at me with anger in his eyes.