17

Melissa's POV
-------

• Saturday, 10am •

I woke up early so I could get everything done as the party was tonight. Marcus went shopping, and I stayed home to deep clean our whole apartment so when we come back it's nice and neat.

I still didn't have any outfit planned but I had until 10pm to pick something.

In the middle of mopping the floors, I received a text that put a big smile on my face.

                    • Saturday 10pm•

• Saturday 10pm•

We had roughly an hour to get ready, and I was in the bathroom, in the middle of curling my hair. Marcus and Jesse were downstairs, playing music and doing shots of tequila to get into the mood.

Once I had finished painting my face, the last step was the outfit. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long to see Jadon's gift, as it was waiting for me on my bed. Along with him.

I grab the bag and pull out a sage green silk dress, and beam at him.

"You like it?" He asks.

"It's perfect."

"Go put it on, babe."

I got changed quickly, pairing the dress with gold heels and and a YSL purse.

"I knew it would look mesmerizing on you." Jadon compliments me.

"You'd look better even better on me." I say, wrapping my arms around him, nuzzling his neck.
"You smell so good."

He smirks, "Just wait for the after party."

• At the Party, 11pm - 1am •

"You gotta inhale for longer than that, beans."
Jesse screams at Marcus, who was coughing after taking a drag from Jesse's speciality.

"This is my last time smoking weed." Marcus whines, handing the joint over to me.

I wasn't on Jesse's level, but I knew how to handle it. I take a long drag, before blowing the smoke out and Jadon grabs the joint from my hand and Jesse was already rolling another one.

After our smoking session, we head back inside. We had to squeeze past because there was so many people here.

I couldn't hear myself think in this crowded place, the music was loud and everyone kept refilling their cups. I was so stoned, even when standing straight everything was spinning around me, I regretted smoking but it felt good to have the whole team together again.