6

"Just put him on the bed, man." I tell Jadon, as soon as we got in the apartment, we carried Marcus into his room, put him on the bed and closed the door.

Then we both made our way down to the living area. I don't know why I was stressed about being alone with him.

The more time went by, the more I was starting to like him. He was really nice, easy to talk to and so cute.

I went into the kitchen to get us some water, and joined a tired looking Jadon on the sofa.

"Did you have fun tho?" I ask him, handing him over a glass of water.

He takes a sip, "Yeah, haven't really been going out because of training and stuff."
The footballer replies, making eye contact.

I look away. "Is your girlfriend not waiting for you?"

I couldn't help but ask as my curiosity gets the better of me, Jadon chuckles, running a hand through his curls,

"No. I don't have one."
I smiled, that's the answer I wanted to hear.

"I don't really date to be honest with you." He adds, "No time for that."

I nod, trying to hide my disappointment.

"Dating ain't shit right." I say, trying to see his reaction.

He shrugs, "Depends who you're dating, if you fall for someone, then you won't be saying that."

I take a good look at him, his eyes are tired and his expression solemn. But even then, he was extremely hot.

"You want me to drive you home?" I ask, seeing as he's worn out.

He nods, "If that's not a problem." I shake my head at the handsome man.

"Not a problem, get your tired ass up let's go." I say to him, putting my hand out to him so he can get up, he grabs my hand, pulls himself up and we leave the apartment.

The late night car ride was a short one. Jadon has moved in to the neighborhood, he lives a few blocks down the street. I stopped the car right outside his door, he was quick to unfasten the seatbelt, but didn't leave without a goodbye.

"Thanks, Melissa. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Hearing my name come out of his mouth was the best feeling. He gave me a quick smile and opened the door, I smiled back before saying,

"Hopefully, I'll see you around."

He pokes his head back in the car.

"Oh, one more thing, can I get your number?"

I wasn't gonna say no to him.

"Yeah, we should have each other's numbers, it only makes sense."

He nods in agreement, biting his lip.

Jadon hands me his phone over,
I take his phone, put my number down on a new contact.

I hand it back to him, he looks down at his phone and nods.

"Alright, miss. Thanks for the ride, sleep well."

"You too, Sancho."