5

The car was almost empty by now, with only me, Marcus and Jadon. The others were home already and it was a long drive back to our apartment. I found out that Jadon lives a few blocks away from us so he was still in the car.
Marcus was mumbling something at the back, Jadon was holding him, laughing. I kept glancing in the mirror, I almost couldn't concentrate on the road. Jadon kept looking as well. But apart from the eye contact and Marcus's mumbles there was silence.

"Mel stop at the gas station, I need to use the bathroom." My brother whines and Jadon chuckles.

"We're not far from home, hold it in fam" I laugh.

But Marcus isn't willing to hold it in, so I pull up at the nearest gas station, he quickly hops out and it's only me and Jadon now. But this time, there's no silence.

"You mind if I come sit next to you?"

I feel my cheeks go red.

"Not at all" I reply shyly.

He smiles and slumps in to the seat next to me.

"So, do you like it in Manny?" I ask the attractive man.

He pouts,
"Yeah, feels nice to be back home, I've lived in Germany for 4 years, now I can be close to my family."

But does he have a girlfriend? Is he single? That's what I wanted to know.

"You glad Jesse is back at United?" He asks.

I shrug, "I actually preferred when he was away, he's a pain in the ass."

Jadon laughs, looking into my eyes.

"Have you been dating for long?"
I burst into laughter, shaking my head.
"
Me and Jesse? Dating?!"

He bites his lip, "You're not?"

I nod my head, "Never was, never will."

He studies my face, "So a girl like you is single? Does Marcus not let a man near you?"

I laugh, "I don't let a man near me."

Jadon smirks at me, "I like the attitude."

Suddenly, the back door opens and a very drunk Marcus throws himself into the back seat.

"Can we go? I'm exhausted."

"Yeah, you okay?" I ask my brother.

He simply nods his head.

"I'll help you carry him." Jadon suggests.

I turn to see what Marcus is doing and he is nearly asleep at the back.

"Would be nice if you could, and then I'll drive you home." I reply to Jadon, who is not taking his eyes off of me.

"I'll take your word for it."