Chapter 42: Happy Birthday

Third Person P.O.V (Point Of View)

It was around 2 AM when Tzuyu found herself quietly watching TV in her small apartment.

Today was the girl's worst day and like every other human being she thought of not going out and get bombarded with questions about it. 'Atleast someone cares' she thought looking on the couch beside her, where her roommate was sleeping after coming back from the nightclub she was working at.

Today was Tzuyu's birthday. A day that both her and her parents have probably regretted.

With her eyes stuck on the TV's screen she let out a loud sigh, remembering all the terrible birthdays she had because of her parents.

She remembered the day of her 6th birthday, when her father locked her in the garage because she accidentally dropped some of her cake on the floor or on the day of her 10th birthday, when her mother came home drunk and embarrassed her in front of her friends and their parents.

Tzuyu stopped celebrating her birthday at the age of 13. The day she ran away from home and fought to find a better life.

A knock on her apartment door broke her out of her thoughts as she walked closer to it and hesitantly opening it.

"Hi Tzu" Sana let out in a low voice and stepped a foot in her apartment, her face seemed gloomy.

"Hey unnie, what's up?" the taller asked. She was confused, Sana never acted like this.

"I needed to talk to you about something" Sana confessed and eyed the girl's apartment, making a face when spotting her roommate sleeping on the couch. "Or maybe this is not the right time" she spoke turning to leave.

"No! It's fine, Jimin is just sleeping. She was working until 1 AM tonight" Tzuyu explained and closed the door, sliglty smiling at the way the older looked at the woman from head to toe.

"Jimin? I didn't know you had a roommate"

"Jimin Park" Tzuyu spoke "We know each other from when I was 13" she explained. Sana hummed and moved with the younger further in the apartment.

Jimin Park was the woman who helped Tzuyu when she ran away from home. Like Seungwan, the woman who helped Dahyun when she moved to Canada, Jimin was a student too but eventually gave up, since she couldn't afford the fees. The older was now working as a singer in a really known nightclub, a job suitable for the female considering her passion had always been singing.

"Let's go to my room" Tzuyu suggested, walking in front of Sana "I don't want to wake her up" she added and opened the door to her room.

Sana admired the simple but beautiful furniture and decorations on Tzuyu's room before sitting on her bed and giving all her attention to the latter.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Tzuyu asked "Is everything alright?" the younger was clearly worried.

"Ahh kind of" Sana scratched the back of her head "I wanted to talk to you about something I've been thinking for years now" she spoke and Tzuyu looked at her in confusion.

"Sure, go ahead unnie. You know I'm always here"

"Uh so..I don't think I've ever thanked you enough for when you helped me out-" the older started "-with the whole cancer thing"  Sana sighed.

"There is no need, unnie. I did what I had to do" the younger calmly replied.

"Yeah. Uh thanks"

"That's all?" Tzuyu asked and Sana whined in frustration.

"The thing is..that I like you so much and for so long that I can't even sleep at night anymore. You're in my head all day every day since high school and will probably for the rest of my life" Sana blurted out and hid her face behind her hands, whining.

Tzuyu stayed frozen in her spot on the bed, looking at Sana mumble nonsense.

"Whatttt??" Sana cried out when Tzuyu giggled "I literally confessed that I've had a crush on you since forever and you're laughing?" the older pretended to be offended and pouted.

"You're adorable" was the only thing Tzuyu said before forcing herself to stop smiling "And.."

"And?"

"I like you too. I've always liked you" Tzuyu confessed and Sana shrieked, jumping on top of the younger.

"Thank god" the older sighed "I thought you hated me and everything you did for me back then was forced"

"I did it because I wanted to, because I wanted you" Tzuyu replied.

"Why didn't you say anything all these years?"

"I thought you liked Dahyun"

"I did" Sana admitted "But I fell in love with you"

Tzuyu's eyes widened as she chocked on her own salvia and coughed uncontrollably for a good 5 minutes.

"And I know that you don't really believe in love" the older continued "But trust me, there are so many people that love you" she added, running her fingers through the younger's hair.

"Yeah..okay"

"I mean it Tzuyu. Even if you think otherwise, you're loved"

"Not by my parents" Tzuyu let out.

The two had this kind of a conversation multiple times over the years, Sana knew how insecure Tzuyu was and that was the reason she never took the first step and confessed.

"Screw them, really" Sana spoke "If they are not capable of loving someone as perfect as you are then I doubt they know what love truly is" the older said and softly pinched the younger's cheek.

"Ugh, you always do this" Tzuyu whined.

"Do what?"

"Make me h-happy" Tzuyu wasn't really used talking about her feelings to anyone "I can never sulk and cry about anything. You always just..smile and--I don't know" the younger had never felt an emotion so strong before, she was overwhelmed. "Just stop doing it!" she pouted.

"Never" Sana hugged Tzuyu and flashed a huge smile, making Tzuyu laugh.

"Look! You're doing it again" the younger whined "Make it stop!" she demanded and tried pushing Sana away.

"Alright!" Sana chimed and quickly leaned forward kissing Tzuyu's lips.

Pulling away Sana laughed at the blushing mess that was Tzuyu.

The older found Tzuyu beautiful. Even in her old, white t-shirt and black shorts, with her hair tied in a messy bun and no make-up, Sana admired the younger's beauty.

"We'll take it slow, okay?" Sana said, "Only if you want to"

"I would love to" Tzuyu replied, feeling tears slowly make their way in her eyes. She's never felt loved before and here she is in Sana embrace. The older constantly reminding her and showing her that she's not alone.

"Happy birthday, Tzu"