Chapter 33: Prank

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

"What is this all about" Jeongyeon panted as she took a seat next to me, beside her was Nayeon who looked drunk?

"S-So, remember last week when we came here and Mina with Chaeyoung told us they were dating?"

"Yeah, what about that?"

My body was shaking as I explained how Momo and I found Seokjin cheating and how we were meant to meet in the cafe but she never showed up.

"I thought she hated me because of my brother so I stopped trying to contact her after that day, since I was also busy with recording" I explained and Yeri served us 'the usuals' even if it was too late to drink coffee.

Besides, Nayeon looked like she needed some. "So two nights ago I became worried and started calling her. Tonight I even went to her place because she wouldn't pick up--"

Jeongyeon scoffed and took a sip of her black coffee. "whipped" she mouthed

"And as soon as I left her doorstep this unknown number texted me" I added and showed them my phone, Nayeon snatched it off my hands and began reading the texts.

"Are you looking for your precious Momo? I'm so sorry baby, but she isn't available" Nayeon read out and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What kind of prank is this?"

"Seriously Dahyun, you made us come here for this shit? It's probably Momo pranking you" Jeongyeon laughed as her phone went off, signaling she had a text message.

"Woah" she let out taking a huge gulp of her black coffee. The oldest leaned in and took a peak at her phone, her eyes almost popping out of her skull.

"This is definitely not a joke, Yoo" Nayeon read out and looked around the café, letting a gasp escape her lips when she found none other than us in the small coffeeshop.

"I'm calling the fucking police, this is creepy" Nayeon let out, only to stop in her tracks afterwards. Her phone rang too and the unknown number had texted her "No you're not or else.."

"Or else what?" I asked and my phone rang.

"Okay, what is this?" Jeongyeon angrily exhaled.

I picked up and put the call on speaker. There was mumbling and soft whimpers at the other end of the line.

"Hello?" Nayeon spoke and the line went dead silent. I looked around at the room, spotting Yeri who was running around cleaning, unaware of the whole situation.

My thoughts came to a sudden stop when a loud noise echoed from my phone and a high pitched groan blasted out of my speaker, finally gaining Yeri's attention.

"What's that noi--"

The call ended while the door of the small coffeeshop bursted open, revealing a squealing female jumping up and down in excitement.

Nayeon got startled and clinged onto Jeongyeon's arm, as both Yeri and I were baffled. Everything was happening so fast.

"Yerim! I passed the audition!!" Sooyoung chimed and ran to hug the small waitress, who stood still, blinking rapidly.

"Wait, is something wrong?" Sooyoung asked while looking at our faces, letting Yeri go and rushing by my side.

No one responded, afraid that the unknown number would be calling us again. Sooyoung glanced at Nayeon and Jeongeyon who seemed terrified, then at Yeri who was standing still in front of the door with a small cloth in her hands.

The waitress clapped her hands "Alright, it's closing time. I have to ask you to leave" the girl said rather loudly, pointing at us and winking.

"But--" Sooyoung started

"It's okay, you'll get your favourite drink for free tomorrow, my treat" Yeri winked intensely and we nodded finally catching up on her plan.

[...]

We were now hiding at the back of the coffee shop while Yeri pretended to close it for the day. She figured that if someone was watching us they were either outside of the café or had hacked the security system and was able to look through the cameras.

It took a while, but the girl finally re-entered the coffeeshop by the back door.

"There aren't security cameras here but we need to keep quiet and not move around a lot, just in case" the small waitress said and sat on the floor beside Sooyoung, who was trying to comprehend everything we told her.

"So what now?" Nayeon asked "Are we staying here forever?"

"No! Of course not" Yeri scoffed in disbelief "We're just waiting here for awhile and then CAREFULLY--" she emphasized carefully, looking over at Sooyoung "Exiting the shop by the back door" the waitress explained and we all nodded, one by one pulling out our phones.

"Should I call the others?" Jeongyeon asked searching for Jihyo's number in her contacts.

"I don't think it's a great idea worrying them just yet" Nayeon protested.

"Guys, this is Momo we are talking about" I whispered, burying my head in Sooyoung's shoulder. My worries and regrets for not realizing Momo was in danger any sooner slowly getting to me.

"Dahyun-ssi is right" Yeri spoke "The whole situation seems really weird" she added.

Even if young, the waitress seemed smart, she could quickly come up with a plan. Besides, she was the reason we were somewhat safe right now.

"Okay, I'm calling Hyo" Jeongyeon announced and started the call, waiting patiently for Jihyo to pick up.

Everyone fell silent and Sooyoung run her fingers through my hair, reassuring me every 5 seconds that Momo was going to be okay.

"Yes Jeong?" Jihyo panted from the other end of the line.

"Who's tha--" a soft voice spoke but was cut off by Nayeon's loud laughing.

"Sorry for ruining the fun Hyo, but we got a big problem" Jeongyeon said and Wendy whined from the other end of line making Nayeon laugh even louder.

"Meet me at my place and get the others" Jihyo groaned and ended the call after Jeongyeon proceeded to explain to her what was happening while laughing uncontrollably.

"She's finally getting laid" Nayeon laughed once more before Yeri smacked her in .the face and scolded her for being too loud.