Chapter 6: It's been a long time

Chaeyoung's P.O.V (Point Of View)

The day had finally come and I couldn't be more nervous.

I got to the park where we were supposed to meet 40 minutes earlier than we agreed and sat on the bench under the huge tree. Taking a deep breath I pulled out my phone and plugged in my earphones so I could play some music. I didn't really listen to music, but when I did was because of anxiety. My anxiety was horrible when I was younger and I found out that music can relax me and put my mind at ease.

I put on my earphones, sighing. Ironically the first song to play was "Gone", Jihyo's newest single. I looked up at the blossoming tree above me, humming along with the song as Jihyo's angelic voice filled my ears and cleared my mind off of everything.

The only thing in my head were memories, scenes from picnics we used to have in the park and the late night walks with the girls on Han River playing on repeat. Their voices and giggles stuck in my head as I continued humming to the song, a smile forming on my face.

"I see you're enjoying the song" a loud voice echoed and the face of a very familiar someone appeared in my field of vision.

I jumped up from the bench, throwing my self in Jihyo's arms, the girl who had been watching me jam to her own song and smile at nothing for almost 2 minutes now.

"Hey Chae" she whispered, hugging my shaky form back. I didn't reply as I buried my face on the crook of her neck. "Yah! Why are you shaking?" she almost screamed making me jump.

"Ah I'm sorry unnie" I replied moving away from her and flashing her a huge smile. I couldn't control my emotions, my body was still shaking from shock and happiness. "I just missed you so much unnie~" I sang out and she chuckled.

"You guys are already hugging without us?" a voice said behind us.

"I feel left out" another voice added making me turn on my heels.

"MINARI LOOK AT HOW CUTE CHAE GOT!" Sana squealed running over at me and hugging me.

"Ah unnie I-I can't breathe" I choked out as the older girl let's me go, looking at me up and down. Behind the older girl's back I could see Mina running to catch up with us.

I couldn't help but stare at the adorable girl who hurried to greet me. She stopped in front of me panting, her eyes meeting mine.

"Hey Chaeyoungie" she shyly said showing me her gummy smile.

Without hesitation I reached forward, capturing her in a warm hug "Hi Mina unnie" I mumbled, feeling my heart beating faster than I've ever thought it could.

We hugged tighter and I could smell her cherry scented perfume. As she slowly pulled away, her silky hair tickled my forehead, making me giggle slightly.

When we finnaly broke the hug Mina covered her face with her hands, blushing madly before hurrying over to where Jihyo and Sana were chatting. It's cute how she's still very shy.

I moved my hand over my chest feeling how fast my heart beats, a wide smile still drawn on my face.

I never understood the effect Mina had on me but every time we are close I could feel my heart ready to explode. The feeling took me by surprise since I haven't felt this way in long time. It seems like only Mina can make me feel that and surprisingly, I don't really mind. It's just fun having her around even though she never really talks, her presence alone always calms me down.

"Are the others coming?" Jihyo asked sitting on the bench beside Sana, laying her head on the older girl.

No one replied, awkward silence filling the space between the 3 of us. We looked at each other, sighing and knowing the remaining of the girls weren't originally opposed to the meeting.