Chapter 14: Cute

Third person P.O.V (Point Of View)

"I-I-I'll be right there" Jihyo's voice broke as she jumped up from the couch, running towards the door. 

"What's up Jihyo?" Nayeon raised an eyebrow, carefully examining her friend's terrified expression. 

"I-Uh..don't have time to explain" was the only thing the girl said before grabbing her phone and running out of the house.

[...]

"Fuck fuck fuck" a wave of curse words escaped Jihyo's mouth. Obviously, she was stuck in traffic and was loosing her mind. She looked at the time at her phone and fidgeted impatiently in her seat. She couldn't predict what could have happened to Wendy, but whatever it was it sounded really bad. Seungwan's voice was barely audible when they last spoke on the phone.

"Uh sorry?" Jihyo said to the driver of the car who hummed in response "How much more?" she asked holding her breath. 

"40 minutes maybe? The traffic is really bad" he replied and Jihyo groaned. She had to get there as soon as possible. 

"Okay, thank you for the ride" she handed the man some money before quickly getting out of the car and staring to run.

She run at full speed and even if her lungs had given out after a while, she pushed through the sharp pain in her sides. "She needs help" she mumbled to herself when she felt like collapsing on the street.

She run and run, ignoring the honking of the cars and the angry drivers as she started getting closer to the older's house.

[...]

"Wendy-ah!" Jihyo banged on the door.  She waited anxiously on Wendy's doorstep, her breath coming out in pants, her heartbeat loud enough that she could hear it. The only thing that indicated that someone was in the house were small whimpers and cries that got louder as the hurt girl opened the door.

Jihyo gasped as she saw Wendy collapsing on the floor in front of her. The younger fell on her knees wiping the almost dry blood from the girl's busted lip and head.

"Damn it! What happened?" she asked and tried to pick up the girl's unconscious body. She felt like breaking down when looking at her bruises and scars but decided not to let herself cry, she wanted to be strong for her new friend.

Jihyo called the police while caressing Seungwan's tear-stained cheeks, her heart breaking when she spotted the huge purple spots on the older's skin.

She softly sang songs to the unconscious girl until the ambulance took her away and she immediately called her friends whilst getting a cab, rushing to the hospital.

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

And as I thought everything was getting better, here we are in the hospital all waiting for the doctor to come out from Wendy's room. I couldn't help but cry when I heard Jihyo's shaky breaths and voice when she called Jeongyeon telling her what had happened.

We all rushed to the hospital to be by her side, yet no one knows what happened to her. No one knows who hurt her and I couldn't be more mad at them.

I couldn't be more mad at myself for not being there.

I couldn't be more mad at her for not telling me what was wrong.

But what am I thinking?

Why should I be mad at her?