Chapter 27: Criticized

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

"Why are we here?" Tzuyu asked, taking a seat at the table where the rest of us were sitting.

"Let's just relax, order some food and then talk" Mina suggested and Chaeyoung nodded grabbing the older's hand under the table.

The seats were pretty self explanatory: Jihyo and Wendy sat next to each other, across from them there was Tzuyu with Sana. Next to the two there was Momo and I and across from us there was Jeongyeon with Nayeon. Both Mina and Chaeyoung sat at the head of the table, as close to each other as possible.

After the meal and small talk it was finally time to cut to the chase. Mina ordered a round of drinks for everyone and as soon as they arrived she stared talking.

"So as you may now Chaeyoung and I have been more distant the past week" she started raising her glass and taking a sip of her drink. 

"It's doesn't have to do with you guys, but a lot of stuff happened" Chaeyoung said glancing around the room "Firstly, Mina and I--"

"YAAAAH FINALLY WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS AGES NOW!" Nayeon screamed enthusiastically before chugging down her drink. 

"Yeah not only that.." Mina mumbled and everyone nodded as Jeonyeon tried calming the oldest down.

"The reason you guys are here isn't only because we are dating. It's more like..the reason we confessed our feelings to each other" Chaeyoung explained and Mina sighed. It was the first time in my life I have seen the girls so serious and anxious. "There's something I have been keeping from you guys for a long time now" Chaeyoung started looking down "So uh--" the younger hesitated.

Mina cleared her throat and placed a reassuring hand on the shortest shoulder "Long story short Chaeyoung is..sick" she bluntly said and a wave of gasps filled the quiet atmosphere in Mustique, our new hangout spot.

"What do you mean?" Jihyo asked "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am.."

"So what is it then?" Sana breathed out while anxiously tapping on her glass, it's content half-empty.

"I'm losing my eye sight" Chaeyoung lowly let out and a banging noise echoed through the small coffeeshop.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Jeongyeon roared, slamming her hand down on the table and sitting up.

"Please calm down, Jeongyeon" Sana whispered, punishing back tears that had started to form in her eyes as soon as she heard Chaeyoung's words.

"I was diagnosed with a rare disease last year" Chaeyoung spoke and Jihyo looked at me as if she wanted to ask if I was okay.

Was I?

Was I okay?

"And you're saying it NOW?" Jeongyeon shouted again only to be dragged down by Nayeon, who silently looked around the room. "AFTER WE HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU FOR THIS LONG? WHY CHAE?" The blonde exhaled angrily, sitting down beside the oldest who took Jeongyeon's drink and drunk it in one shot.

The table grew quiet, the only thing being heard were the mumbling from Mustique's small kitchen. All Chaeyoung did was exchange glances with everyone apart from Tzuyu who had buried her face in her hands. Nayeon let her tears fall from her eyes and snaked her hand around Jeongyeon's, holdings it tightly. Jihyo and Wendy never stopped staring at me, waiting for my first reaction while Momo's hand hesitantly brushed against mine.