Chapter 31: Psychic

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

Running into Mystique I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. It was already 1:20 PM and I was so late. Moving further into the coffee shop I bowed to Yeri, the friendly waitress and looked around to find Momo.

"Hmm I guess she isn't here yet" I mumbled to myself and took a seat at a table near the window.

"May I help you?" the friendly waitress spoke, taking out her pocket notebook. "No, not just yet. I'm waiting a friend" I replied and she nodded turning on her heels and moving towards the kitchen.

[...]

The clock hit 2:30 PM and I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity. I sulked over the fact that Momo hadn't showed up yet and wondered if she was okay or just decided to hate me because I'm Seokjin's sister.

"You have one new message from 'manager-nim"

I smiled even though everytime my manager messaged me meant I had tons of work to do. I couldn't help but to feel proud for finally preparing for an official debut under JYPE.

"Dahyunie you'll need to come by the studio at around 7 PM. There's a change in the schedules and you're expected to debut earlier than originally planned, people already love you" the text wrote and I squealed throwing my hands up in the air, doing a victory dance.

"What's the occasion?" a tall female spoke behind me and I almost snapped my neck while turning to face her.

"Ahh Sooyoung-ssi, hi!" I bowed and she chuckled. 

"Can I join you?" she asked and I nodded happily grinning from ear to ear. "So, you seem really happy Dahyun..ssi?" she hesitated and I giggled. 

"No need to use honorifics, were friends, yeah?" I replied and she blushed, nodding. "I just heard some really good news and I'm excited" I let out "But it's a secret" I laughed and playfully winked at the girl.

"Mhm really?" the girl raised an eyebrow "I think I know what's up" she smirked

"No, you don't~" I sang out and waved my hands in front of her face, teasing her.

"You're debuting earlier than--"

"YAH! WHAT?" I shouted "HOW DO YOU KNOW?" I whined and playfully hit her arm. She acted like it hurt and fake cried for a while until I stopped whining.

"It's on your text messages" Sooyoung smiled pointing at my phone that rested exactly in front of her, it's screen still lighting up.

"Sooyoung-ah I thought you were like a psychic for a second there" I giggled and she face palmed.

I didn't know what made me feel so close to her already. She had that amazing vibe that made you want to stay around her forever.

"AH" I shouted again, I was feeling so hyper after her arrival "I also checked your Instagram profile~" I sang out and her eyes widened while she hid her face behind her hands.

"I know I'm bad, please don't judge me" she nervously mumbled and I scoffed.

 "Sooyoung-ya what are you talking about?You're amazing!" I forced her hands away from her face.

"Really?" she asked, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah! I may have showed your videos to my manage, though" I admitted and she jumped up from her seat shouting a series of 'what' .

[Flashback]

"Dahyun-ah break is over, let's get this over with" my manager said and helped me up from the floor. Today's dance practice was really hard and the choreography was exhausting.

"Oppa do you mind checking this out before we begin?" I asked handing him my phone. He carefully took it in his hands and pressed the play button.

My phone-that was connected to the speakers in the dance room- started blasting Sooyoung's cover of Sweat & Easy by Wonder Girls. Her melodic voice echoed loudly through the room and out of it, gaining people's attention who were casually doing their work around the building.

As soon as the video finished Siwoo clapped, smiling from ear to ear.

"Such a lovely voice, her visuals are very good too!" he pointed out and handed me the phone "I'll be sure to mention her to PD-nim later tonight" Siwoo added "But what's her--"

Siwoo's sentence got cut in half as the door opened and JY Park entered the room. We both smiled and bowed, greeting him.

Jinyoung Park moved closer to us with his signature eye smile on "I was strolling around in the halls trying to find Jihyo but stopped because of the beautiful voice being heard from in here" he said "Was this you, Dahyunie?" Jinyoung asked and I frantically nodded. 

"No No No! That's Park Sooyoung a..friend of mine" I replied and PD-nim smiled.

"Really? I would love to meet her some time"

"Ah..Sure thing PD-nim" I bowed and he exited the room praising me for my skills' development in such a sort time of practising.

[End of flashback]

"YOU DIDN'T! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME AHHH" Sooyoung shouted and sat up from her chair bowing non-stop.

"Well, I can get to know you.." I laughed and she abruptly stopped moving, hiding her face. "Besides, I really enjoyed that cover and decided to share it with my manager. I didn't know PD-nim was around and heard it" I said and she threw herself on me, hugging me tightly.

"Thank you Dahyun-ah!"

"You should meet him"

"Wha--"

"He has been trying to clear his schedule in order to meet you after he saw that video, but he has been really busy" I admitted and she pulled away from the hug "And there's a lot of stuff going on in my life at the moment and adding the debut I'll be really busy so...I'll just text him your number"

Sooyoung squealed, hugging me again "Oh my god! What did I do to deserve you~"

"Bathed me in coffee" I teased and she whined, hugging me tighter. After a while she broke the hug and cleared her throat.

"Why are you here alone, by the way?"

"Ah I was waiting for a friend but..she didn't show up"I pouted, slightly sad that Momo left me waiting.

"Oh, I should get going then--"

"No!" I let out almost immediately "Stay..Let's have lunch" I suggested and she smiled calling over the smiley waitress.

If Momo wasn't going to show up I might as well have fun with my new friend, Sooyoung.