Chapter 2: The song

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

The car ride back home was awkwardly quiet, the only thing that could be heard was a song playing from the radio. The song was calming and the girl singing it had a beautiful voice that for some reason I thought I've heard before.

"So Wendy.." my brother started breaking the awkward silence between the 3 of us "Since it's late I think you could crash at my place tonight. Only if that's okay with you" he continued looking at the rear view mirror of his small car "Yes thank you!" she replied from the back seat smiling "But I'll be leaving for my parents house tomorrow morning." she added cocking her head to the side so she could look at me. I nod looking out of the window focusing now on the familiar voice coming from the radio.

I move to turn up the volume only to meet my brother's intense stare "You like the song?" he asked focusing back on the road "I- The voice of the girl sounds familiar" I reply looking away from his face still being very awkward around him "Oh I see!" Jin says signing quietly to the song "Its called 'Gone'. It is about the pain one feels when they're away of their loved ones. It's Park Jihyo's newest single, she even wrote the lyrics! " he exclaims stopping the car and stepping out of it. I freeze at the sound of my old high school friend's name.

Although, I didn't care about school and never actually graduated before I dropped out when I was 17 I would only attend classes to be with my friends.

Stepping out of Seokjin's car and walking in his apartment I plop on the couch looking at the ceiling, the memory of my old high school friends stuck on my mind.

Park Jihyo, the mom. Jihyo is the most kind and smart person in the world. She always cared about my and the rest of her friends' well being and would do everything to protect us and make us happy.

Because of the way she would scold us for doing something small like cheating on a test, we would call her mom as a joke. She wanted the best for all of us and was willing to sacrifice everything for our friendship.

"I will forever be by your side Dubu even if you think I'm gone." was what she constantly said to me.

Her passion for singing and composing was something I admired and the hard work she put to it paid off. If I wasn't so selfish I would be able to be by her side on the best day of her life, the day she started training under JYP entertainment.

 If I wasn't so selfish I would be able to be by her side on the best day of her life, the day she started training under JYP entertainment

Im Nayeon, the cute one. Nayeon was the sunshine of our group. Her beauty and lively personality was what made her stood out.

She was supportive of all of my decisions and was always proud of every little accomplishment of mine.

"I'm proud of you Dahyun you've come a long way" she would say everytime I had reached a small goal, like scoring 50% on an English test.

Her cute ways of always showing affection was something I really appreciated. When I was stressed or
sad she would comfort me by hugging me and softly sing my mother group's songs in my ear. She always managed to calm me down and I'm still thankful.