|| THE DOUCHEBRO||

The Ringing of alarm forced Anika to open her eyes. In such cool weather she wished to stay a moment more in the bed under her duvet which for now was more like the dream she just left in her sleep. It was Monday again and no matter how much she hates this day it does come each week!!

Freshening up she got herself a cup of White tea. Even though the adrak wali chai is what she likes more, white tea is always a better option to began the morning. The antioxidants truly refreshes her body passing up the required vitality to began the day.

With the cup of white tea she moved inside her brother's room only to shake her head annoyed at the way her 'not so little' brother, Sahil was sleeping. The duvet was half lying on him and half on floor. His Physics textbook was still in his hand just on the verge of falling down the bed. His laptop was switched on with the video of Motional emf paused on the youtube homepage. The room was more of a mess and Anika knew Meera her officially appointed maid was going to have a hard time arranging this room.

 It was his Quaternary exams of Class 12 next month. Even though the result of previous year Class 12 batch was not yet declared, the new session had began and Sahil wanted to make the best use of his time. 

No matter how much Anika didn't want to wake her brother up who must have slept late at night, she had to do so otherwise Mr Punctual would be late for his school.

After few efforts Sahil finally left his dreamy sleep which contained nothing but Solenoid, Electromagnetic waves, Organic compounds,  Trigonometric formulas and Calculus. Perks of being a Science student.

Moving to her room taking a good shower, she wore her Uniform. Something she loves and admire a lot. It has been three years she had joined Army Medical Corps and even though she had not completely achieved what she desired she was happy and contend with what she had. Setting up her hairs in a formal bun she wore her cap with the Army Medical Corps emblem. Fixing the two pairs of golden star across her shoulder she wore her Name plate that read......... Lt. Col Anika Roy!!

Somewhere deep down she desire that her mother come and put up the kala teeka, she use to do daily when the little Anika use to go to school. Anika was just a teenager when her father, a late Army Officer and a martyr died in a terrorist attack. Sahil was in her mother's womb that time and she really feel sorry for her brother who had never seen his father. Sahil was just eight when their mother died due to cardiac arrest. Sahil rarely have any memory of his mother. Anika even though is sorry for Sahil feels him to be lucky since he doesn't have to face the hollowness she feels every time remembering her mother.

Shaking up her thoughts she joined hands in front of the small temple she and Sahil together decorated. Even though she is not much of a devotee, this was a habit inculcated by her mother and in no way she can disrespect her. With a few verbal praying and lightning of the incense stick Anika moved in the kitchen to get some breakfast for Sahil and herself. 

Over the years with the loss of parents, the careless Anika was subdued in the responsible and disciplined Anika Roy. They did faced many financial crises due to which Anika couldn't achieve her dream of a doctor but she rarely regret it. She is happy with what she have. A respectable job where she is serving her country, a caring and sweet brother, a house to live and not to forget a secure and safe environment of Army cantonment.

"What do we have for the breakfast today Ani?" 

Anika shook her head at her brother's habit of addressing her with a nick name rather than the particular word Didi.  She got the toast ready and moved to the dining table with a bottle of Peanut Butter.

Sahil was all ready in his school uniform. Being a student of Army Public School, Sahil knew values of discipline and perfection. His Dress is just as perfect as Anika's Uniform.