That Somebody

I strutted through the halls as if nothing happened last night, the fake smile plastered on my face faded as I saw Langston leaning against my locker. Looks like I won't be getting my stuff for class today, I walked right past him, or at least I tried to. He grabbed me by my arm, slightly rough hauling me outside with him.

"Zah talk to me."

"You hurt me, ok we talked, happy now?" I pushed past him, but he grabbed me again a little more rough than last time. I snatched it back. "You got one more damn time to grab me, and I'm gone rock yo ass!"

"I just wanna talk, and you won't listen." He sighed.

"What is there to listen to, you left me in the middle of gun shots being fired, you didn't even bother to see if I was ok afterwards, and you cheated! We have nothing to say to each other." I pushed him out of my way going back into the school. I sat next to Chris who was fuming. Even though I'm still mad at him about the kiss yesterday I still see him as a good associate.

"What's wrong?" I whisper.

"Who did that?" He huffed in anger pointing to my arm that was now red from Langston gripping so tight. Just like last night he had a redness around his arm just like I did, and just like last time my birthmark started to burn like a fire was erupting in my skin.

"Nobody." I lied.

"Don't lie to me Zah, that nigga did it, didn't he?"

"Yes," I gave in. "but I handled it, it's fine." I reassured him.

"Can we talk about last night?" Why does everybody wanna talk about that, can't they see I just wanna forget about it?

"Not really, I just wanna move on from all of it." I turned my attention back to the teacher ignoring his questions.  The next two classes passed by fast as usual, I didn't bother going to the cafeteria, I told Honey I was eating off campus since I still had her car. Walking outside I saw Langston leaned against her car, bruh gone somewhere.

"You can't ignore me forever Zah." Pfft, watch me. I shoved past him getting in the car, just my luck he's getting in with me.

"Can you go away?"

"I ain't going nowhere til you hear me out." I side-eyed him, and huffed. I know Langston he really won't stop til I listen to the bullshit he's going to say.

"You got two minutes."

"Look I'm sorry for leaving you in the shootout like that, but we were in unknown territory not even the Lords knew about that place. I panicked Zah, you'd know I'd never abandon you like that."

"What about the girl?"

"You know we never put labels on us." He smiled, I wanted to slap him in the face.

"And that makes it ok?!"

"Yeah, come on you the game Zah. No labels, no restrictions, yeah we always said we'd never get with anybody else. But you know me, I see something I like I'm gonna get it. That's how I got you." He smirked again, was he serious? He did not just say that!

"Get out!" I yelled.

"What?"

"Did you listen to anything you just said? You said you'd never compare me to those girls from you past, that's pretty much what you just did. Basically I'm no better than the girl you were with last night."

"That's not what I said."

"It's what you meant, go away Langston." I sobbed out.

"Zah, come on," He tried to hug, me but I pushed away.

"Don't touch me! Just get out, and leave me alone!" I laid my head against the steering wheel, and listened to the car door open, and close. When he was out I left the school parking lot, as soon as I hit the main road the water works started, I knew I couldn't drive in that state so I pulled into the McDonald's parking lot. I let all the tears take over, in my crying fit I heard the driver's door open. Whoever opened gathered me in their arms, and got in the back seat holding me in their lap as I soaked their shirt with my tears.

"He's not worth it." The person mumbled, I knew the voice. I looked up for confirmation that it was him, and sure enough it was Chris.

"You followed me?" I asked. He nodded.

"I wanted to make sure you were ok."

"He basically told me I was just as easy to get like those other girls. He promised he'd never see me the way he saw girls from his past." I sniffled. "Why would he hurt me like that?"

"Cause he's a dumbass, and he doesn't deserve you." I looked at my hand balled up in his shirt, then I looked up to him.

"Why do you keep picking up the pieces that he knocks off?" He put his forehead to mines looking me in my eyes.

"Cause you need somebody to put you back together."

"And you're that somebody?"

"I could be, if you let me." He wiped my tears, I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. For the third time his lips found mines. I should have pulled back like I did last time, but this was what I needed right now. I let his lips caress mines, and consume me.