It Won't Be Long

God I'm so sleepy. Maybe if I just lay here for minute.

No!!! Selena yelled in my head.

But Auntie Lena I'm so tired. I mentally whined.

I know you are babydoll, but if you go to sleep right now you definitely won't wake up.

Grrrrrr.....fine. I blocked my thoughts so I know she didn't hear me. It's been two days since me and Chris got through to each other. Our connection is lost again. But he's coming, I know he is. He promised he was coming, and he's never broke a promise to me before. That annoying creaking door up the stairs opened, and I listened out to see which of these sick fucks is coming down the stairs. Their light small steps touch each stair individually, since the footsteps are so light I instantly know it's her. She stops in front of me her face in a full pout.

"What, Chris still not giving your dehydrated ass the time of day?" I say smugly.

"Amazing." She sneers.

"What?"

"You know you're never getting out of here, yet you still fight like you will. Your endurance amazes me."

If I could punch that smirk off this bitch's face I would. But I don't have the energy to do that.

"I know I'm gonna get out of here. And when Chris comes for me I'm gonna kick your little mixed ass."

She looks taken aback, now it's my turn to smirk.

"You don't get it do you Cabbage Patch?" I say purposely messing up her name.

"I've had to deal with Julian, Langston, and Dashwan jumping on me as a kid so I could be ready for outsiders. I've handled being molested by a prick and his group of idiots at my old school since I was thirteen so yes, I still fight. I've been fighting since I came in this world because of who my father is. So you, a whiney little girl who's upset because she's not getting her way, are nothing to me."

I know I got to her because she didn't say anything, she just glared at me and stormed up the stairs. I lean my head back against the wall, my head is throbbing and my body is still sore from him beating me. I shouldn't be going to sleep, but I have to. I need the rest. I close my eyes hoping for sleep to take over quickly. Thankfully it does.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm standing a place that looks like it was hit by a tornado. Why am I here? I step in and I see Chris on the floor, his back is to me. For some reason his body is shaking. I step closer to see why, I instantly wish I hadn't. He's holding my dead body in his arms. I hear the most awful sounds escape his body as he cries.

"Zah, baby no. Not like this. I wasn't supposed to lose you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He pulls my body closer to his living one. I go to touch him, but unlike most of my dreams I really can't touch him. My hand went right through him. That never happens. Usually I can touch him, and then he'll turn to me then my dead body would fade away showing I'm alive. Why isn't that happening this time? No! This can't be right! I wanna wake up. Selena wake me up now!

"I can't let you do that yet babydoll." She speaks finally showing up next to me.

"And why the hell not?" I ask angrily.

"There's a reason you're seeing this."

"What reason could that be? To show you we failed, to show that I died and nothing gets resolved?"

"To help you figure out where you are." She says softly. Just like that She fades away and it's only me. I follow this force pulling me in whatever direction I should be going only to be at a door. I pushed the door open, I walked in warily. I heard two voices, I knew who they belonged to, my uncle and Selena. I followed until their voices got clear enough for me to hear. I looked at the surroundings of the room they were in. I know this place! I know this place! Now I can tell Chr....no I can't. I can't do the mind link again. I slump down to the floor. I hug my knees to my chest crying until I feel arms around me.

"I'm here Zah." The voice I loved said. I looked up to be met with his gorgeous eyes.

"Chris?"

"You forgot about our dreams didn't you?" He smirked. I laughed nodding and leaking closer into him. I told him what I saw, and he knew where I was too. He pulled away from me to look at me.

"I'm coming to get you. I promise it won't be long." He kissed me then vanished.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Waking up I still feel the warmth of his lips on mine. I tuck my body into a ball in an attempt to warm up since he's blasting the air again. He does the everyday, he'll blast the air practically freezing me to death, then he'll turn it off letting the room get so hot I feel like I'm gonna have a heat stroke.

"Ahhh is somebody a little cold?" He taunts. When the hell did he get here?

"Let's see if we can fix that." He walks slowly to me and roughly pulls my legs. I know what he's trying to do. I told my legs closed together.

"You might as well give in you know you're never getting out of here." I say nothing as I continue to fight him off. Chris hurry please.