Caught Pt. 1

Standing in my mirror I fix my cascade of waves going down my back, I finally caved in and got weave despite loving my natural hair. Chris is taking me out for Valentine's Day, thank God it's on a  Saturday this year. Since he said not to be to dressy I kept it simple with a pair of teal high waisted shorts, and a white bustier top. My folks think I'm going to Honey's place as always. Well I am I'm just leaving my car there.

"Hey beautiful." I hug Chris getting in his car. I didn't bother asking where we were going, with Chris I just lay back and enjoy the ride. I love feeling his thumb stroke my hand while we hold hands. Our date was simple, but amazing he took us to a drive in movie. I didn't even know there was one here. He pulls out all stops when it comes to me, and I love him for it. Driving back we went back to our spot. It got, real. Like out first time I was once again laying against his chest looking up at him. He had one armed secured around my bare shoulder, and his free hand playing with my fingers, occasionally kissing them.

"I can't wait til it's just two of us like this." He said kissing my forehead.

"Don't you think it's a little weird that we haven't heard from Selena and Clint lately?"

"Yeah, I haven't had Clint tell me to be careful of my moves, or trying to guide my every step when I'm with you."

"Same with Selena." Maybe they finally decided to give us a break. God knows we need it.

"Yo, promise me something." He says seriously. I sit up covering my breast with throw blanket.

"Anything."

"No matter what happens, we don't forget that we're doing this for us, and our happiness."

"I promise." He held my face capturing my lips with his.

"Zahra Skye Phillips!" It can't be, I pull away from Chris' lips to see my dad, and the boys.

"Daddy!" I gasp trying to hide my breast. Julian walked towards us yanking me up, damn near snatching my arm out the socket.

"Aye, don't grab on her like that!" Chris growled out holding my arm.

"Nigga this my sister, you keep your damn hands off of her!" He snatched me away from Chris putting me behind him. I tried to push past Julian to get to him, but Langston held me back.

"No, Chris!"

"Baby calm down. It's ok." I broke from Langston's hold, got past Julian, and ran to Chris' arms. He held me.

'Don't let them take me.'

'I have to, the war will only get uglier if I don't.' I was snatched out of his arms once again. I was still reaching for him, my view of him got clouded by the tears streaming out of my eyes. I was dragged to car kicking and screaming like a child. The ride home was silent all you could hear were my sobs and sniffles. But all silence was broken when we got home. I was sitting in my dads meeting room with my parents, and the boys.

"The day I get out the hospital is the day I find out my daughter's whoring around with our enemies son."

"I'm not a hoe." I spoke through my tears.

"Really," he threw a stack of photos in front of me. "Then what's this?"

The were all pictures of me and Chris, some from the night my dad got shot were there, and some were pictures of our date today.

"Zah you foul, you were so busy laying up with the enemy that we almost lost our dad!"  Julian never yelled at me, that definitely hurt.

"You're not going back to that school, I already called the headmaster at Sacred Jewels."

"No!" Sacred Jewels was the private school I was at before going to public school, I hate it. It full of snobby dudes, and stuck up bitches that think they're hot shit cause of their parents money.

"Your phone, and your car are both off limits."

"But d.. "

"But nothing Zahra, you betrayed your family." They all left me there except Langston. He reached to touch me, but I slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me!" I snapped as it all came to me. He did this. "This is your fault, you had those pictures."

"I didn't do anything, yeah I had that first set of pics, but I don't know how your pops got the others." He stepped towards me.

"You just couldn't take seeing me happy so you sent my dad those pictures. Wish granted I'll never see Chris again. I hate you." I ran up to my room locking my door.

'I tried to warn you.' Oh now she pops up.

'Go away Selena I don't need your shit.'

'I'm sorry doll, I told you, you had to say no.'

'All this happened because I agreed to run away with Chris?'

'Yeah.'

'And you knew?! Why didn't you tell me the truth I would've understood, Chris would've too.'

'There's only so much we do without interfering.' Is she serious?

'That's bullshit Selena. You know what my life was perfectly fine until you popped up, and ruined everything! Just stay out of my life!' I could still hear her calling me, but I finally blocked her out. Nothing could be heard but my tears, and the sound of my heart falling to pieces.