25 - Road(Horse) Trip

Turns out there are a lot less country roads that we can ride down to get to Germany than we thought. At least not that doesn't take forever. Just over two days straight of travelling and a further ages to get things like sleep and food.

All because the only one of us who can drive has an illegal drivers licence. Remind me to never trust America again. Looking back, I should have realised that was dodgy. One of the answers to his theory was 'drive faster, away from the police so they don't catch you or use your charms to persuade them to let you off'.

I should probably get a new one seeing as my current one is nearly a hundred years old and the police won't believe that I'm that old. I just won't get it off America this time.

That was a bad idea, why did I ever do that?

"Are you going to wear the outfit?" My thoughts were cut off by Romano's question.

"I might wear the hat." I answer.

"What outfit?" Italy asks.

"Canada has a mounties uniform and its amazing, I'd wear it every day if I were him but I can never be that adorable." Wow, I never realised he liked it that much.

"Aaaaawww! You can be cute when you want to be, like just then!" Italy exclaims.

"Don't ever dare to call me cute ever again, I'll let that time go because I was pretty freaking adorable then."

"I love it when you do that."

"What?"

"Pretend you aren't cute."

"Fight me."

"You're cute when you're angry." He shut up after that, probably because he's always angry at something or another.

"Can you at least try on the outfit so Italy can see what we're on about?"

"Fine," I give in, leaving to get changed. When I come back in, I'm greeted by a butt ton of squeals, just kidding, they weren't there.

I look around the house only to find them outside, already sitting on the horses, completely ready to go.

"Come on, we're waiting for you to finish getting ready here! And I thought you were the punctual one. If you aren't ready in five minutes, we'll leave without you." Roma says to me, sounding like he was joking (I know he's not because he has left without me before because I wasn't ready on time (I did eventually catch up to him) ).

So I have literally no choice but to get on the horse.

We ride in silence for a few minutes before Roma pipes up, "I see you decided to wear the outfit after all. I thought you would."

Honestly, the next day or so passed quicker than I expected. Before I knew it we were already in south Germany. By south Germany I meant we decided to take a route around Switzerland through France so its more like the south west of Germany.

Thinking about it now, we probably should have gone through Austria, I think it would have been shorter.

"I'm hungry!" Italy whines.

"I thought you brought tons of pasta with you?"

"Yeah but I ate it!"

"Its fine, we'll just go into the nearest town and buy something for you, I'm getting a little bored of the food we have as well." I reassure him. We end up still going to an Italian place because pasta.

"Ciao! Could we have some pasta please?"

"Guten Tag, was möchten Sie gerne?" the waiter said.

"Oh! I know a little German! Danke! Ich liebe dich!" Italy pauses briefly. "What does that even mean?"

Honestly, the waiter just looked confused. Either that isn't German or its a weird thing to say to a random person.

"Est-ce que tu parles français?" I ask, hoping he'd understand. "Do you speak French?"

"Oui." He replies. Thank God, things would have been awkward if he didn't, not that they weren't already. "Yes."

"Pourrions-nous s'il vous plaît avoir des pâtes pour nous trois?" I order. At least one of us can talk to this guy. "Could we please have some pasta for the three of us?"

Once we're all settled down with some food (which Italy immediately started gulping down), I ask, "How much longer do you think it'll be before we reach Frankfurt?"

"Probably about half a day, since we don't have to go around Switzerland this time." Roma replies.

I nod in agreement while eating my pasta.

"Why do you think Germany wanted us to go?" I ask (I mean, him and Roma hate each other).

"He only wanted Italy, we're just tagalong hostages."