19 - Day Out With The Nordics

Rather unfortunately, Romano had to go back to Italy for a short while because its his job as a country, leaving me all alone to ponder life.

I was just settling into a newspaper when I notice something. A nation was entering my borders. Wait, no, multiple nations were entering my borders. I can feel them coming in extroadinarily north. I have to go and see what the hell is going on.

After one long drive (which was only long because I can't drive), I end up on my east coast in Nunavut. Why would anyone enter at this point? When I exit my car, I hear a loud, rather obnoxious voice coming from about a hundred feet away.

"I live for new land. This is the beginning of the second Danish Empire."

"I don't think that this is new, it all seems very familiar." I approach Denmark carefully (because I didn't want to be impaled by his axe) before responding to his false statement.

"Icey's right, this is the second time you've found this area. I think you need to start exploring a wider range of land." I say, prepared to duck at any moment. I didn't need to, because the first thing that Denmark did was throw his axe into my car by mistake. My car was the one that needed to duck.

"Denmark!" I yell accusingly, even if it wasn't even as loud as his normal voice. "My car!"

"Relax, we'll take you back." he offers. I'm just a little grumpy now, because they have a boat thats hundreds of years old. And to be honest, I don't trust Denmark to take me anywhere.

"I'll hold him down, you punch." I hear Norway say. I'd almost forgotten that they were here.

Just when Norway had tackled Denmark, we hear a disgruntled whine from the distance.

"What the hell was that?" Finland asks curiously before going to investigate. "Guys... Its a polar bear." All at once we rush over to Finland. "It's stuck."

He was correct. A small - probably a baby - polar bear lay, trying to yank its leg out of a small gap in the ice.

I edge towards it slowly so that I don't frighten it too much. When I reach near, I try to push the ice away without making a loud noise or hurting the bear, however not being in the slightest successful. The crunching behind me indicates that someone is coming to help.

"I didn't want to have to resort to this ever again." Norway says before taking a deep breath and whispering some sort of incantation. The ice block that was stuck on the bears foot suddenly exploded, following was Norway hitting the floor, unconscious.

"This always happens when he uses that spell. We told him, but does he ever listen? No."

"Shut up Den, just get him to the ship." Apparently its Iceland's job to be Norway when he isn't available, in situations such as this one.

We rush to get him out of the ice, each of us carrying a limb, except for Sweden who was guiding us back to the boat. In the hurry, we nearly dropped him a few times which didn't help our speed, but we somehow managed.

"Let him rest." Finland says once we got him lying down on the bed. I guess he's like the mum friend, always there to help out, but will brutally murder whatever hurt their friend if necessary. But also the one that hates his nickname, judging by his reaction (a scowl) when Sweden calls him his wife.

"The last time he tried that spell was when he accidentally won a playhouse for kids and Den wouldn't come out of it. He destroyed it just to annoy him. Typical." Iceland explains from behind me once Finland had left. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"How do you tell family that you're dating someone they don't really like?" Oh God.

"I... I don't really know to be honest." I confess. "They just sort of went with it. Who is it?"

"Hong Kong. I know its weird, but-" I cut him off.

"Why do they not like him?"

"Well I'm kind of at war with England and he's kind of England's property. It doesn't really go hand in hand. I'm guessing here that they don't like him." He explains.

"If I know anything about you lot, its that you are willing to accept basically anybody until they try to screw you over." I reassure him, not really sure if its working because he starts questioning his existence.

"Do you ever feel like you don't really fit in?" He asks.

"I know that feeling too well." I reply.

"Its horrible, isn't it? Being the odd one out?" I simply nod. "I don't usually open up to people, so consider yourself lucky." He returns to his somewhat fiery mien and strutting away.

"He only did that because he thought you'd understand. They're the only times he ever talks about life."

"How long have you been awake?" I question the very not unconscious Norway behind me.

"All this time. I only do it so I can be carried. Its usually comfier when there's only one person though," he lowers his voice slightly, "preferably Denmark."

"You're good at acting." I comment.

"Nope, I'm terrible. Simple numbing charm works."

"NORGE! YOU'RE AWAKE!" Denmark crashes through the door, wrapping his arms around Norway. "I thought you'd gone for good this time!"

"Hey Canada." He pauses for a second. "Eeerrrrrmmmm... I may have forgotten you were here and sailed halfway across the ocean back to Europe." He says quickly, tensing up.

"Cool." I respond.

"You're not mad?" He questions, easing his posture a little.

"Nope. Haven't been in a while, we've got a meeting soon and Roma's there. Why would I be mad?"

I only have an excuse for two days out of God knows how many on why I haven't already posted this and its because I was ill yee haw