18 - Card Games

The time passes and somehow we ended up playing cards. We tried poker, but that made Romano extremely frustrated and you really, really, really, really, really don't want to see him when he's this angry. So we end up playing this game whose name I can not remember, despite protests from America who has spent way too much time in casinos in Las Vegas. Also Japan, apparently he plays with Macau quite often. This made the brief time spent extremely competitive. I feel the need to quote,

"THIS IS NOT JUST A GAME, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

Either way, you start the game by taking all of the aces but one out of the deck and serve to all the players. Then a player selects a card from of the next player and if that card has the same number as one of their own cards, they put both of them down. If not, they keep it. When all of your cards are gone, you have won the game. The last player in, the one with the ace is the loser. Relatively simple (for Mr Temper Tantrum) and really fun.

Even so, Romano seemed to get quite bad luck, losing four games in a row, so we decided to switch it up a little. By switching it up, I mean we reversed the order from going clockwise to counter clockwise. The only difference was that he wasn't falling for my amazing tricks, but France's instead.

It seems like luck, but its all about perception (it isn't, I just thought that sounded cool). The switch up didn't help, I think Roma has the universe against him.

"This isn't fair, what else can we play?" He sulks.

"How about eat the food because I'm starving." I suggest, earning a chorus of agreement from the other nations. And I apparently deserved this,

"Hi Starving, I'm England." And America punches him. You can tell he raised children and enjoyed making them suffer with his stupid puns. At least he didn't just call me America or else I would have been even more pissed.

I enter the kitchen to get everyone's food, which I made based on their culture because that would lead to arguments I don't want to be in (its mostly England that's the problem but I'm never going to tell him that).

"Romano!" I shout for him in the living room. As soon as he set foot in the kitchen, I have him that look. He got the message and started to hand out some of the dishes while I took the other half.

He took Spain's, Italy's and Germany's while I took England's, France's, America's and Japan's, and then we went back to get our own food.

Eating was fun, mostly because I got a ton of compliments on how good I am at cooking, especially since I was partially raised by Eyebrows. That made England get a little pissed and me get put on the spot because - as nice as it is to get them - how the hell do you respond to compliments?

I ended up just saying thanks and probably turning redder than a tomato (I have been spending too much time with Roma even though I never thought there wasn't such a thing).

After, we ended up playing would you rather and I don't know how. Pretty typical, a load of lads (at least we look like lads) playing would you rather. At least there can't really be any girl questions for anyone but Spain because he's single and doesn't have a boyfriend.

"Italy. Would you rather never see Germany again or never eat pasta again?" There was a short silence before Germany spoke up.

"I can't believe you're thinking about this."

"Pasta." Italy pecks Germany on the lips before returning to the game. "Big brother France. Would you rather have British food for the rest of your life-"

"I feel attacked today."

"Or always look bad?"

Without hesitation, France answers the question.

"Eat British food. Not all of it is bad, just most of it." A wave of confusion swept over us when he said that. He could have been feeling nice, but honesty is a main moral of his. And insulting England.

"America, would you rather be communist or never have access to oil again?"

"First of all, fuck you. Secondly, it'd be never have oil." he sulks at the obvious poke at his personality as a country.

The game carries on for a while, and only one skipped question (skipped for a good reason) which is a record from what I can remember. I also got punched for having to think about a question, bonus points if you can guess what it was.

Overall, a great day, I was sad to see them go. I don't get to see my family often anymore, so this made a nice change. The best part was there were no arguments which I wasn't expecting.

Before he leaves, Italy drags me of to the side.

"I have never seen fratello as happy as he is with you than I have ever done before. You're good for him, just don't break his heart or I will personally skin you, turn you into shoes and feed your entrails to your family. Got it?" This is a new side to him I have never seen, so I just nod, slightly terrified for my life.

"Good. Arrivederci!" He says cheerfully before joining Germany to go back to Europe.

Note to self: never mess with Italy.