14 - Bacon Sandwich Discussion

America's POV

I immediately run after Japan after he leaves. I hate myself right now, why did I screw it all up? I feel South coming back a little, but I somehow manage to fight back, this isn't a good time.

Is anytime a good time, really?

Duck off, you're right but duck off anyway.

I follow Japan to the restroom before he finally stops and locks himself in a stall.

"Japan? Please come out." I plead.

"No." Is all he replies with.

"Please? Just so we can talk."

"About what?"

"Anything you want." He edges the door open slightly and pokes his head around. After a short while of puppy eyes, he does come out completely. We end up leaving the restaurant altogether as its easier to talk outside.

"I've been around for over two thousand years. I've heard those words so many times, and it gets me every time." Japan says at once. "I've said it enough too. And just when I'd given up, you appear. I don't understand why or how."

"You are the most epic and bad ass nation there is, who wouldn't want to date you?"

"Thanks. Its just, I... Never mind, its nothing." He starts before cutting himself off. I lead us to a bench before sitting down.

"What is it? You wouldn't have started saying it if it wasn't important." I demand slightly.

He hesitates a bit before answering, "I've seen so many people come and go, I'm just scared that one day you'll have to go as well."

"I won't leave. Not for a long time." I see a single tear glistening on his cheek before continuing to roll down his face. I decide to wrap my arms around him to comfort him a little. He leans his head on my shoulder in return. I am trying really hard right now to not jump with joy.

As if things couldn't get any better than they were, I feel a quick moment of warmth on my cheek. I can't believe it. Japan just kissed me. This is my new favorite day. Whats the date, October 3rd?

We stay like that for a few minutes before it started getting extremely cold, so we get up and go to my hotel, my arm still wrapped around him. It makes me sad that I have to go home tomorrow rather than staying here for longer with him.

When we get back to my place, we simply sit on the couch in bliss silence until Japan fell asleep. I know that I should wake him up so that he can go back to his apartment, but he looked too relaxed for me to interrupt his dreams. It only took a short while for me to follow him in his slumber.

When I wake up, I immediately notice Japan sprawled out across the floor. It makes me giggle, because he's still asleep, despite having fallen off the sofa at some point.

I step over him so that I can make some breakfast for the two of us. I'm going to make some bacon sandwiches because they're delicious and they taste good.

I'm lucky that I can actually cook being raised by England and all that, but only really things that aren't good for me, which is a slight downside.

I tried to cook an egg once and ended up accidentally killing France's child, Pierre CDLXIII. He wasn't too happy with me.

Anyway, I start cooking the bacon, and instantly as it began to sizzle, I hear a groggy, "Who's making bacon?" from the living room.

"The monster from under the stairs," I reply jokingly, before a muffled "I knew it," is heard.

When I they're fully cooked, I put them on a slice of bread and give one to Japan. I decide to add some ketchup onto mine though.

"America?"

"Huh?" I reply, mouthful of food. He giggles before continuing.

"What are we? Friends, boyfriends, acquaintances?" Japan asks.

"I think we can knock the last one off the list." I state, "What do you want to be?"

He replies almost immediately, "Boyfriends."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be in a relationship with me if you aren't hap-"

"I was thinking about it last night. I'm much closer to you than anyone else. If anything does happen, I'm not going to make myself suffer if I don't like it. I'm confident this time." He says, smiling slightly towards the end. "So?"

"Yes," I swear, my grin must be larger than my personality right now because this is amazing. Thirty years of having a crush has lead to this.

I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so very extremely happy right now. Its beyond words.