13 - An Actual Date This Time

"Canada! Guess who got a date with Japan!" I hear, America running up to me a few days later.

"France did." I say sarcastically, one of my finer traits.

"Wrong, silly! I did! Also you and Romano are coming - its a triple date." He shouts in my ear, no different to usual, but still excruciatingly loud.

"Triple? Who's the third party?"

"Italy and Germany. Apparently Italy told Japan that they had booked the table while I was still dating Belgium, but then the restaurant wouldn't let us cancel when we split up, and then he asked if Japan could fill the spot! I don't know how it worked but lord do I feel happy right now!" He says at lightening speed.

"I should hope you are. When is this date?" I ask.

"Tomorrow night at four pm we'll meet at Italy's house. Casual but formal wear, so good for a date, however dressier than normal."

"Got it."

Tomorrow came, and I was more excited than expected. I guess this would be mine and Roma's first date as a couple, and if America has the balls, it'll be his too.

I arrive at Italy's place, and find him attached onto Germany's arm and Romano standing around watching America freak out slightly at the prospect of having dinner. To his fairness, I'd probably be nervous too, but this is him we're talking about, you'd expect better.

We set off for the restaurant once Japan arrived, exactly as the clock turned four, talk about punctuality.

We take our seats, America even being such a gentleman that he pulls his 'date's' chair out for him. This is a new person, what has he done with my brother?

After we all decide what to eat, a waitress appears.

"Hello, would you like to order?" And then she spots Italy clutching onto Germany's arm, disgustingly close apparently, judging by her next statement, "Uh, we don't serve homosexuals in here."

Italy laughs before responding, "Jokes in you, I'm bisexual. And by refusing to serve a customer, especially some like us, you are losing people in the long run, therefore decreasing this restaurants income. So I'd just suck it up if I were you. However, you probably do enough sucking as it is." I wasn't aware that he could say something so... Sassy? Logical?

"Fine. What do you want." she asked, but she said it in a way that made it sound like more of a demand.

We order out food and the waitress stomps away, still angry. The night is relatively simple, chatting, eating, all that stuff until...

"America, how is your Japanese coming along?" unsurprisingly, Japan asks.

"Good."

"Ooo! Could we hear some?" Italy asks eagerly.

"Erm, okay. Kon'nichiwa, watashinonamaeha americadesu." He pauses slightly before continuing, "Nihon, dai suki da yo."

I wish I knew what he said, because almost immediately Japan flushed bright red and just left with no explanation.

"Oh god, I've done goofed up. See ya," America says before chasing after the other.

I didn't see the pair for the rest of the night, so I really hope that things are fine between them.