3 - Invading From The South

"So I destroy a few of his cities, and we'll win the war in no time!" America yells, his boisterousness really shining through. I think he's forgetting that it's being a  disappointment to surrender in Japan. He won't give up as easily as my brother thinks.

"I hear he's been taking loads of islands and also he's nearing my boarders in India. I say we take those back, and maybe, if push comes to shove, drop the bombs." England reasons. America reluctantly agrees to this. "I also say we try to knock Italy out by arriving in the south from Africa. At least that'll be one out of three down."

"Awww, come on dude, I already said I want to pummel through France! Not fair." he sulks.

"I'm with England on this one. Try to keep my land as nice looking as possible, I have lots of tourists to impress after this war is over. If I'm still around when it's over." Oh maple, even France is losing hope.

"Hey, it'll all be fine. I thought I was going to lose but Germany was stupid."

"Agreed. There's still a chance, aru." Well at least some people still believe.

Wait a second. South Italy? Thats Romano. They're taking down Italy using Romano. Oh no, I have to tell him. I'd hate it if something happened to him.

Another Axis meeting went by, I heard some great plans about taking Midway. And just my luck, I forgot to inform Roma about the invasion by the time I got home, crap. Shoot, don't tell Papa I said that. Eh, screw it, I'm old enough to swear if I want. Cuz I'm an independent nation who don't need no Britain/France to make me happy.

Almost as soon as the idea was proposed, however, I found myself making my way through Sicily. The shots were firing all around me, and through the dust, I could only just see a brown curl, sticking out.

"Romano!"

"Canada!" I rush up to him, abandoning all sort of order.

"Canada, I'm scared and I don't know what to do. My home is being taken. I want to surrender but I also don't want to disappoint fratello." He whispered, his voice barely audible. I embrace him firmly before responding.

"Look, it's his fault you're in this, I say do what you want. He'd probably have given up even sooner. And you're his brother. He wouldn't hold a grudge against you long, especially being who he is."

As if on cue, we were blown onto the ground by a bomb.

I hear someone yell "Germany's sending troops!"

My vision starts to fade.

And then it all turns black.

I wake up, my senses still feeling groggy. What time is it?

"Nice to see you again." I hear a familiar American accent speak.

"How long have I been out?" I ask demandingly.

"You missed the end of the war. Pretty sure Japan hates me even more, Prussia is now one with Russia, and Germany's boss is dead. I'd say a few months." What? A few months?

"What happened with Romano? Is he okay?" he looks away, guiltily.

"He..."

"He what?"

"He's currently in prison. We interrogated him after he woke up, and, I'm sorry but... he wouldn't give answers. We may have had to slightly harm him." That monster.

"Take me to him." I order.

"Bro, I can't..."

"TAKE ME TO HIM!" I yell, losing my temper.

"Okay..." he says reluctantly.