20 - Meeting Time Again (Yay)

After the crew reached land, I could not wait to get off that bloody boat. I'm out of practice because I've not taken aeroplanes everywhere recently. Especially not one over the Atlantic Ocean.

"Who're you?" A voice behind me asks.

"I'm Canada." I reply before turning to look for the origin of the question. "What the hell? Why are you speaking?" It was the polar bear.

"I don't know." That was all it said before jumping into my arms. I guess it must have gotten on the boat somehow and followed me back. Either way, its my pet now.

"I will call you Kumajiro." I will also hope that I don't forget that, I have a nasty habit of forgetting names.

"Come on Canada, we have a plane to catch, why is there that polar bear here?" Finland asks.

"I don't know but I'm keeping it." He shrugs it off and drags me to the airport. Kuma was only allowed in because we told them it was an electronic teddy bear.

How they believed it, I'll never know. Or they just couldn't be bothered to try to take away a polar bear.

The flight to Lisbon was long and tedious, however I made it, the only problem was Kuma needed to pee after half an hour. Its hard taking a 'stuffed bear' into the toilet without people seeing you and then holding it over the bowl to let it do its business. I did discover that it is a he.

Escorting a polar bear to the bathroom is much more difficult than escorting a dog. So I said I would be getting some sleep and forced Sweden to look after him just to avoid responsibility (its still not the worst I've done to get out of things).

And after all that, I remembered that I never booked a hotel, and would have to make it without one for a night. Life is against me right now.

Anyway, after I get off the plane and arrive at the meeting place, I patiently wait for everyone to arrive. By everyone, I mean Romano, its been like a week and I already miss him.

England arrived just after me, but he looked a bit uneasy and didn't notice my presence. Not long after that, France came in, followed by the Baltics. They all take their usual seats.

That before I hear a thunderous voice behind me.

"America!" Who's he pissed off now? He's not even here right now. "Don't ignore me!"

Oh crumbs, he thinks I'm America, maybe if I don't look he'll go away? Long story short, he didn't and now I have a large bruise on my face and Cuba death glaring at me from across the table.

Usually, America arrives about now, but for some reason he didn't, which makes me weirdly concerned. Looking on the bright side, Romano burst in yelling,

"Canada! I made a bet with fratello that we're the cuter couple help me prove his opinion wrong! I have been second to him all my life, it will not stay like that! I made flower crowns!"

"You thought it would be a good idea to compete with a person who is the most innocent person ever?" I question.

"He is not as innocent as he looks, trust me. He once tried to hide my hamster as a kid to scare me and I'm not actually going to repeat that story it doesn't end well. Why do you have a polar bear and a bruise?" He says, basically jumping in the seat next to me.

"I found him! Isn't he adorable?" If I got to claim me and Roma as the cuter couple, I might as well make everything seem adorable.

"Yes, he is. What about the bruise?"

We continue to chat until everyone gets here. During that time, Italy was clung onto Germany's arm and Romano was doing the cutest death glare across the room.

I only just noticed that everyone is here. Everyone except for America, Russia and...

I scan the room for the missing nation.

Oh shit. Its Vietnam.

As if on cue, I notice someone in a hoodie timidly enter and sit down where Russia usually sits. The problem: they weren't Russia.

"Sorry I'm late." They say quickly. I recognise that accent. I think everyone else did too, judging by the pin drop silence. Its hard not to recognise, seeing as it was one of the main voices of every world meeting up until the end of the war.

"I'm standing in as the representative of the Soviet Union for today." He says quietly, before shrinking down into his seat.

I notice Roma and Italy glance at each other as if to say something, I don't know what, but it probably has something to do with the fact that Prussia's here.

Why though? Why would he be chosen to come here in place of Russia?