7 - Sleepover With Japan

I felt it appropriate to do this chapter and it's cute, if you don't like ameripan, skip it, I only chose this ship because it was the best for the plot and it's adorable fite me. Btw this takes place on the day of the meeting, before the previous chapter

America's POV

Japan is coming round! I have literally never been more excited than when he said yes to the invite. I didn't expect that reaction but that's okay, because he's coming to my place I AM FREAKING OUT.

I probably shouldn't be screaming to myself right now he's in the car with me here, still reading that comic. He must like comics, maybe I could show him some of mine!

We sit in silence for the rest of the journey, which was kinda awkward if you ask me, but he was really engrossed in the book.

When we arrive, he takes his shoes off for some reason.

"So Japan, what do you wanna do?" I ask, hoping he would come up with an activity.

"I don't know, what would you like to do?"

"You like comics, don't you? How'd you like to see some of mine? Come on!" I propose the plan I came up with previously before dragging him to my bookshelf.

"I have the entire Superman collection so far!"

"Are all of your comics about hero's and fighting crime?" He asks, brushing a stray piece of hair from his eyes.

"Yeah, basically. Superman hides his identity using glasses, which I don't understand." I say, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Glasses can change an appearance quite a bit, look at this." He pulls a pair out of his pocket and puts them on. "See?"

"You wear glasses?" I inquire.

"Only at home. I think I look better with them off, so I don't usually wear them to meetings and such." He says, fiddling with the bottom of his shirt.

"I like them, you should wear them more often." I lean in slightly, not intending anything, until they came along.

Stop. I won't listen to them.

"America? Are you alright? You don't look so good all of a sudden."

Go away, South. I won't. I can't. No, go away.

I break down, on the verge of tears. At least they're gone now.

"America, what happened?" Oh no, here come the waterworks. "Please calm down, would you like a jelly baby, it might help."

"It was them," I manage to say in between shaky breaths, "or him."

"Who is him?" Japan asks, pulling me to the ground to sit before proceeding to search through his pockets for candy.

"The South." I whimper out, my tears escaping quicker.

"The South, what does he look like?" He asks.

"Like me, but... Darker. He's more tanned and with darker hair. I much hated him, I was glad to see him gone, he just comes back to haunt me and change my actions occasionally, and I hate him." I explain.

"It's fine, everyone has parts of themselves that they don't want people to see, parts of their history they never want to repeat." He looks down at the floor in shane. "Everyone blames Mr Germany for everything but I was worse. I hate it too, but we have to just suck it up and carry on. We'll never get anywhere if we don't." He says. I never really thought of it like that, but I guess he's had time to think. He has a much longer past than I do.

"Thanks. I needed that."

"It's fine. And, I apologize for everything that has happened in the past few years."

"I apologize too. As for tonight, I'm a mess, do you wanna watch a movie?" I say, trying to lighten the mood.

"Okay, but it is getting late, shall we change first?"

"Sure."

So we got changed into pajamas (I wore an animal onsie) and watched Pinnochio, one of my favorites.

"Hey Japan?"

"Hai?"

"Why do you say the letter L funny?" I ask.

"I had never encountered a sound like it before learning English, so I'm not used to it." He answers.

"Can you teach me Japanese?" I say eagerly.

"Are you sure? It can be very difficult for native English speakers with the different alphabet and everything. If so, that's probably what we should learn first." He says this and grabs a notebook and pen.

It was quite late when we fell asleep, but I felt like I had learned a lot in one night. Needless to say, I slept soundly knowing I could speak a tiny bit of Nihongo.