2 - America isn't to be Messed With

Almost as soon as I get back to my house, I grab the pen and paper, almost tearing a hole through it in the excitement. I know I shouldn't. I could ruin the war this way, if Romano was actually planning to turn on me last minute. I can see that he won't. I'm pretty good at reading people. The worst that could happen is we both get into trouble, or else I wouldn't be writing to him.

Dear Romano,

I pause, as I realize I don't really have anything to write about. I may be at war, but that doesn't mean my life is interesting, or that something has happened since the meeting.

I found the note you left me. Of course I have, I wouldn't be writing to you if I hadn't. Way to go, Canada. Letters are harder to write than they look. Crumbs, did I write that? Ignore that if I actually decide to send this. Screw it, I'm trying again.

I crumpled the paper and got another sheet. And repeated the whole process again. I must have killed all the forests in the world with all the paper I threw away.

I ended up just not writing. I'm seeing him again tomorrow anyway. The letter would probably take longer to get to him than me getting to him.

The next month came along, blah blah blah, same routine, I head to an Axis meeting, don't pay attention, talk to Romano the whole time, all that maple.

"And we will try as hard as we can to invade the Soviet Union. They should surrender before winter." Germany declared about half way through. Juicy secrets, Russia's going to love this.

That was about the most interesting thing that happened all meeting. I get back, same as usual. America trying to win the war, even though he hasn't officially joined yet.

I told everyone the plans. Russia didn't believe one word of it. He said "they must have noticed me and made fake plans". He's going to get annihilated soon. I won't feel guilty if he does, it'll be his own fault. That's a lie, I'll feel horrible about it.

There isn't an Axis meeting for a few days, so I just go to the Allied ones instead.

We're half way through a meeting, when America doubles down in pain.

"What? What the bloody hell is happening?" England yells, clearly confused.

"P...ear...l" America gasps out, still in pain.

"Pearl what?" I yell, which is basically just a normal human talking voice.

"Harbor... Pearl. Harbor." He says, regaining a bit of strength.

"This is it. I'm joining the war. Get me some paper."

France hands him a pad and paper. I look over my brothers shoulder to see him write:

Jokes on you, because you just got another world superpower in this war.

- United States of America

He's not wrong.

"Send that to the Axis." I take the paper, knowing that he didn't intend to give it to me.

A few days passed, and I hear that America is now testing bombs in New Mexico. Oh Lord, this is going to go well.

I place the note in the middle of the table at the Axis meeting. Japan was the first to see it. His face was deprived of color as he read it.

"Ve~ Japan, you don't look that good." Italy comments. "What's in the note?"

"Nothing."

"What is it?" Germany asks, his tone getting sterner (I didn't even think that was possible). He grabs the note out of Japan's hand. "What did you do to America?"

"I... dropped a bomb on him. That's all." He said nervously.

Germany looked ready to kill.