12 - Success And More Success

"Really?" He said softly.

I slowly nod.

"The only reason I came early was to leave you this note." He hands me a note and proceeds to wipe his eyes on his sleeve and fiddle with the hem of his shirt. I unfold the paper and read whats inside.

Canada,

Hey, I kinda like you. And I have done for a good twenty years now. If you don't feel the same way, please ignore everything I just said and please can we carry on like before?

- Roma x

"Oh man." I say to myself before turning to Romano, "I apologise greatly for everything that happened previously and for pineapple pizza, and everything slightly crappy I've ever done. Yes. I return your feelings. However, if we don't hurry, we're gonna be late." I say before grabbing his hand and dragging him to the meeting. I'm such a romantic.

Either way, axvscacglaxafxjvzsdavxsc I'm EXTREMELY FRICKIN HAPPY!

"Wait a second, slow down. You put pineapple on pizza? I consider myself a pretty forgiving person, but that makes me angry beyond words, you are dead to me." He scowls before catching up with my walking pace.

"It wasn't me personally, calm down." I reassure him.

We walk in to find everyone already there. Its funny, we were the first and the last people to arrive.

"Now that everyone is here, shall we begin?" Asks Germany before starting to lay down some ground rules. I spot America mouth "well done" from across the other side of the room.

The meeting ended in a flash and all (or most) of us going our separate ways, which was either straight home or back to their hotels, usually depending on when they could get a flight. Both me and Romano were staying until tomorrow, so he came back with me and America before he'd go back to his own hotel later.

We spend most of the night just gossiping, with a bit of hair styling, an essential for every late night gathering.

"You guys are so cute together, who gave you permission?" America fawns over us.

"I am not cute, I am a terrifying creature of the night, be scared of me."

"Thanks!" I pause for a second before continuing, "Have you had any more totally platonic dates with Japan since the last one?"

"We've been round each others places a few times, but no sleepovers." He answers, looking slightly uncomfortable, "I've been careful since what happened that time"

"They came back, didn't they?" He nods slightly, now with an embarrassed glow on his face. "I thought you'd gotten better."

He was about to reply before Romano pipes in with, "Wait a second, Japan? You like Japan?"

"Yeah, do you know how I could... whats the word?" he moves his hands around aimlessly as if to make some sort of point,"get closer to him?"

"No, I don't unfortunately."

"Oh."

"But Italy might." America perks up at the sound of a chance with his crush.

"Really?" He asks, in an even more excitable expression than usual.

"I'll speak with him tonight, I'm sure he won't mind. America's face is literally all grin now. I think he may be a bit happy.

The three of us carry on with the usual gossip until it gets late and Roma has to go home. We bid him farewell and close the door.

As soon as it was shut, America started screeching with happiness I'm guessing.

"Keep him." He says, "He's the best you've had so far."

"He's the only one I've had so far." We laugh a bit before the mood turns serious with my brothers question.

"Have you factored laws into this? If we get caught, we are basically dead. I was doing some research, and both Japan and Romano have same sex relationships legal, whereas we are screwed." He explains.

"I didn't think about that. We'll have to see if we can sneak a word in with our bosses. Till then, I guess we just hide everything and pray." I completely forgot about the laws, and now that I know, it scares me. I wish that one day the default sexuality isn't straight.

Dare to dream.

Explanation: sex wasn't allowed between people of the same gender, the marriage bit won't apply in this book as marriage in hetalia is unification (eg Austria Hungary)