'Full Moon'

'Vulnerable'

'Niklaus'

'Freedom'

My eyes scanned quickly through the words but it was enough for me to understand what was going on. He was planning to kill Nik. I was so thankful that I decided to do this. Why kill Nik? He looked impossible to work with but weren't they brothers? Why kill your own brother? I was so confused, so frustrated. It was weird but I had to help. No, I needed to help.

I run quickly to the front door. It was locked. Damn it! Luckily I remembered that Elijah had left the window open. The small apartment wasn't that high off the ground. The window faced the back side of the building so nobody would notice me jumping off the window. Steadily and slowly my feet touched the concrete below me. I run towards the main road. I picked up a newspaper.

'Atlanta New's'

Not that far away from mystic falls. The major problem right now was how I'd get there. There was no possible way. I had no money, no anything. I had just my bag. What could I use that could be useful. I had a diary, a dagger, some clothes and that's it.

There's a cafe on the opposite side of the the street. If I somebody could help me there I would be so grateful. Maybe I could be lend a phone to call someone.

I walk into the small cafe with little hope in the back of my head. The coffee shop was almost empty. One or two customers were there. I walked up to the front counter. No stuff was in the front.

"Excuse me!" I said with a steady loud voice to catch the attention of any stuff member. A few seconds later a slender tall man came into my view. He was very chill and not that cheerful. He had no fake smile plastered on his face like most 'good' customer's services would. He just looked at me and waited for what I had to say.

"I'm so sorry but my phone died. Can I use your phone to call someone?" I smiled softly trying to sound as desperate as possible. I guess my definition of despair didn't ring a bell to the dude in front of me.

"No can do. It's against our policies." He said not changing his expression.

"Please... I'm out of money and it's a life or death situation." I wasn't lying one bit. The guy thought about it for a few seconds and then passed me his cellphone. I tried to pick it up but he moved it away. My gaze met his, I was extremely confused.

"Na-a-ah, If you want this phone I expect a full story from you." I sighed and agreed. I wasn't going to tell him the truth obviously. I just had to make something up. A very simple lie. The only problem was that I was bad at lying. Let's hope he is gullible.

I had the phone in my hand. I was looking at it intensively. The only possible number that I know that could help me was Bonnie's. Am I ready to call her?

I took a deep breath and dialed the number. I was breathing heavily as each ring passed by. After for rings I heard the sound of someone picking up the line.

"Hello?" The cheerful voice of my sister brought piece to my heart. She was doing okay. It seemed like she was having fun.

"Hellooo?" She asked twice. I took a deep breath and collected myself.

"Hey Bonnie.." I looked on the floor. The long pause was aggravating. Was she still on the line?

"Yes?" She didn't recognize me.

"It's me, Ivana." The line dropped. My heart fell. She hung up on me.

I passed the dude the phone and was about to leave when he grabbed my arm. Alarmed I looked up at him.

"You owe me a story." Oh I forgot about that haha.

"It's nothing. My sister's just mad. You know see warned me about that guy and here I am dumbfounded and she was right. So she is mad." That's good enough I guess.

"Ahhh I don't believe you." He smirked. How..?

"What makes you think that?" I scratched the back of my neck.

"You looked down at the floor. Big giveaway that you are l-y-i-n-g." He put his phone on his pocket and leaned a little bit on the counter.

"Okay wanna make another deal?" I said keeping my head up trying to outsmart him. He looked at me with interest and motioned with his hand for me to go on with what I was thinking.

"You'll give me a ride and I will tell you everything in the car." He rubbed his chin and looked at the ceiling.

"Mmmhhh.... I don't know." Oh no. Looking at me he burst into hysterical laughter.

"What?" He was truly testing my temper at this point. He's lucky that I'm desperate.

"Oh my god! You should have seen your face!" He continued laughing.

"Hey that not funny!" I huffed and looked down at the floor again.

"Okay you're very lucky that my shift ended a few minutes ago and the other employer is in the back." In my head as he said that I did a happy go round dance. The kind of dance you do when you eat something delicious.

The man grabbed his things and we proceeded to go the car. Only when he started the engine was I starting to freak out. Now there's no turning back.

"So Ivana I'm Derek. Nice to meet you, please proceed with your story." I love his whole vibe and if the circumstances were different I'm sure we'd become very good friends but now I have no idea what I'll say.

"I practically left my sister behind to go with a dude. He turned out to be an asshole so she is mad. I was at his place and noticed that he was with another girl and I didn't wanna go back to get my stuff. That's it." I didn't look at him. I just looked out the window.

"I guess that sucks. Where do you want me to take ya?"

"Anywhere in mystic falls please."

.

.

.

.

.

Thanks so much for reading this chapter!!❤️💕💞

❤️Vote

💬Comment

💕Follow

-Love
Andrea🌙