Day 13

I'm so sorry! I completely forgot to upload yesterday!

Tonight was the last day of clavamox, so that's good. But last night we noticed Mama Maxine was breathing a lil weird so we started her on Baytril (a pill) tonight.

Here's the weight log for tonight and yesterday night.

They're almost a full pound already

They're almost a full pound already. They're starting to get so big but at the same time they're also inherently small. It's weird.

In other news, when we were at the shelter picking up the baytril, we got two new fosters; Charlie and Chad. No pictures yet but they're both adult males. They're not sick or anything they just have a special diet for urinary tract problems, which happens to be the same diet as one of the cats we own.

Speaking of which, I don't think I've introduced you to our cats yet. We own three currently. Well, I say currently but we won't be adopting anymore any time soon. Three is our limit as far as owning cats goes, and fostering is kind of our loop hole to having more cats.

Anyways, these are our babies!

This is Bella. She's my brother's cat and she's about 7-8 years old. Sweet girl, but can be a bit crazy at times and likes to pick on the boys. Kinda like a grumpy old lady who yells at kids to get off her lawn.

This is Benjamin

This is Benjamin. He's my son and he's 6 years old. Very good boy, and very smart. He knows his name and comes when called, and I even taught him how to some tricks.

Last but not least, we have George

Last but not least, we have George. He's about 5 years old and is kinda the family's cat but has bonded more to me than anyone else. He's smart but is a very slow learner. We've had him since he was a kitten and he's only now figuring out how to do basic tricks. Although he did figure out how open drawers on his own. Go figure.

George is the one in the same diet as Charlie and Chad, and also happens to be one of the kittens from the first litter of kittens we ever fostered back when I was in middle school. It's generally called a foster failure when you keep whatever animal you're fostering, as you're usually supposed to bring them back to the shelter when they're ready to be adopted, but that doesn't make us love him any less.

So, for those keeping count at home, we have: 3 cats that we own, 1 mama and 4 babies that we're fostering, and 2 adult male fosters. Bringing the total number of cats in the house up to 10. Which is still not the highest number of cats we've had. We've had up to 17 cats at one time.

Anywho, I should probably wrap this up for now. Today's chapter is quite a bit longer than usual and most of it isn't even about the kittens. Woops. Ah well, talk to you tomorrow! Bye!

--------------------
506 words