Chapter 39: Hold me

Start from the beginning

"Did Irene had to make them come here?" Jisu whined in frustration "She's putting the whole mission at risk"

"If the others find out we are all kicked out from Velvet" Yeji pointed out, unintentionally raising her voice

"Shh they're sleeping!" Chaeryeong hushed her members "But what if we get kicked out? This whole idea was stupid"

"Maybe she is stupid" Jisu retorted

"She is giving them what they deserve" Yuna spoke, being a faithful member to her leader.

"I just wanted to get promoted, not get involved in this mission. We'll lose our spot in the team" Ryujin boldly said, playing with her lighter.

"Somi was right, Irene is nuts. Like, actually crazy" Jisu sighed and the rest hummed in agreement apart from Yuna who simply rolled her eyes.

"Honestly, we should've voted for her" Yeji relied

"But that isn't the point!" Chaeryeong argued "We have been risking our membership in Velvet by doing this and Irene doesn't give a fuck! We might as well let them go. She doesn't even pay us" Chaeryeong ranted "All I wanted was to help my family with some extra cash, but I'm here, helping out an emotionally unstable sociopath!" the blonde raised her voice only to be shushed down by who I supposed was Yeji

"And now we're stuck here.." Jisu let out "For the whole night"

I slightly opened my eyes, looking at the 5 girls seated around on the table. They all looked tired apart from the blonde who seemed rather pissed.

"I can't. I'm done!" Chaeryeong jumped on her feet, making the chair fall down. "I'm leaving.. We're leaving" she said

"What? Why?" Yuna asked and raised a brow as she saw the rest sitting up from their seats too.

"Just look at them Shin!" Yeji pointed at Momo and I as I quickly closed my eyes, not wanting to get noticed. "They're adorable" the brunette added, eyeing the way Momo laid her head on my chest, slowly dozing off.

"And?" the redhead spoke annoyed.

"It's rare that you find someone so determined like the pale one" Ryujin butted in "She risked her life to save Moro"

"It's Momo" Chaeryeong interrupted

"Same shit" Ryujin rolled her eyes and moved closer to the redhead "This kid had the guts to get her friend from Irene, the leader of the strongest gang in Seoul" she locked eyes with the younger "And her determination to find Nemo got her past Irene's stupid security and in her grandparents old house. Which means, she followed her, spied on her and the bitchstick didn't even notice" Ryujin pinned the redhead on the wall.

"It's Momo" Chaeryeong interrupted again but the brunette waved her off.

"Irene, the oh-so-great-leader had to lie about knowing she had been spied on only to make the pale kid scared. But this idiot said fuck it and messed with Irene more" Ryujin moved her hand on Yuna's neck, applying the least amount of pressure.

Yuna's eyes widened as she tried to push Ryujin back.

"Not even us can go against her, but she did. And if you still think that staying with Irene is fine, I guess you're sick too" Ryujin said and completely let her go.

"We made a promise when we entered Velvet" Yuna retorted "To always trust our leader!" she shouted, attacking Ryujin

"But what if our fucking leader is goinng nuts, you moron?" Jisu hollered dragging the redhead away from Ryujin.

"Momo!" I whispered as the girls fought "In the back pocket of my jeans there's is a broken piece of glass. Take it and cut my ropes, we are leaving" I spoke quickly and a sleepy Momo nodded and carefully searched at my back pocket trying hard not to make me feel weird.

"Stop, guys!" Chaeryeong desperately shouted, trying hard to stop the flight along with Yeji.

"How much more, Momo?" I asked as I felt Momo carefully move the glass against the rope, trying to cut it.

"I don't want to hurt you" she replied and I took a glance at the girls, who were throwing punches at each other.

"Do it! We don't have time"

"But--"

"Baby, just do it!" I blurted out and internally face palmed at the sudden pet name.

"I'm sorry" Momo whispered as I hissed at the sarp pain in my wrists.

"Turn around" I demanded and the older did as told while my shaky, bloody hands tried to untie hers.

"Let's go" I said getting up and starting to move quickly towards the door.

"Dahyun I-I can't" I heard Momo whimper and almost snapped my head in the process of checking on her. She was still on the ground, her hands were on the spot on her left leg were I had previously seen blood.

"It's okay, hold me" I said and extended my hand, helping her up "That's right! You can do it" I encouraged her while supporting her and hurrying our way to the door, her left leg had gone completely numb.

"Where almost there--" I said moving my hand to open the door.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?"

The door flinged open, revealing a very angry and intimidating Irene.

______

ahh also please take some time to check thequadraticformula out! their stories are creative and very interesting and their writing is amazing:))