Chapter 35

Before you knew it, Monday was here. You and Colby quickly got dressed and dressed Amara and headed for the airport. You were heading to Davenport for RAW where Colby was announcing his retirement.

In Davenport, you drove to the hotel and checked in. Colby and Amara took a nap as you took a shower and put on a pair of black pants that fit you perfectly and a red Seth Rollins 'Burn It Down' T-Shirt with your black heels. You left your hair down to air dry and put on winged eyeliner and mascara with red lipstick. Colby got up shortly after and put on his black pants and a black button down shirt with a matching black jacket and his black shoes. You were holding Amara when you saw him nervously tying his tie. You laid Amara gently in the crib and walked over to him and wrapped your arms around his waist and looked at him in the mirror. "You... You are the best man in the entire world" "The fans are gonna be furious" "No, they won't. They'll be said, but they'll support you. They'll always support you. If you say your speech exactly as you said it to me... They'll understand. You don't HAVE to retire. You WANT to. You want to be at home to see your daughter grow up and I don't blame you. I love you and I am so damn proud of you". Colby turned around and kissed you softly and said he loved you too. You put Amara in her stroller and you all made your way down to the rental car and headed to the arena.

At the arena, you and Colby were sitting backstage talking when they called him to gorilla. He put Amara in your arms and kissed you and walked over and waited for his music to hit. You handed her off to Colby's mom and walked over to gorilla to watch the monitor as saw Colby walk down the ramp and get into the ring and took a mic from a ref.

"What is up, Davenport!? *the crowd cheered and Colby smiled* It's so good to be back in my hometown for Monday Night RAW. This past month has been the best of my life. I had a hard fought match at WrestleMania last month, but the most important was my daughter being born *the crowd cheers* She just turned a month old on the 25th and she is the best thing that has happened to me since I married the love of my life. *Colby paused and took a deep breath* I want to be there for her first steps. Her first words. Her first day of school.. All of her firsts.. I want to be there every step of the way. With that being said... It's with a heavy heart that I announce that I am officially retiring as a WWE Superstar *the crowd boos and you start to tear up* This is something I've been thinking about since we found out we were going to be a family of 3. I love each and every one of you and I will always cherish the memories that YOU helped me create. Because of you all, I met a beautiful woman who took my breath away and married her and started a family with her. Because of you all, I got to live out my dream and I am forever grateful for that. Maybe some day I'll make a comeback, but for now, I'm going to go backstage and kiss my wife and daughter and head home and attempt to be a good husband and a good father. I love you all. Thank You". The crowd started a 'Thank You, Rollins' chant and Colby let a few tears roll down his cheeks before he wiped them away. His music hit one last time and he laid a Seth Rollins T-Shirt down in the middle of the ring and gently laid the mic on top of it and walked back up the ramp and high fived every fan he could. Once he got to the top of the ramp, he stood on the stage facing the ring and waved one last time and walked backstage. 

Colby's mom still had Amara and Colby walked straight to you and kissed you with tears rolling down his face and wrapped his arms around your waist as you wrapped your arms around his neck and he buried his face in your neck to cry. You rubbed his back and cried with him. When he finally calmed down, he pulled away and kissed you again and all of the superstars shook hands and hugged him and slowly started to fall back into their normal routine. You and Colby were sitting in catering with his mom and Amara and before you knew it, RAW was over. Colby carried Amara to the car as you pushed the stroller and he put her in the carseat and the two of you made your way back to the hotel. Colby didn't say a word the whole way back and quietly changed into his sweatpants and a T-Shirt and pulled Amara out of the carseat and gave her a bottle and changed her diaper and rocked her on the bed while you changed. You put on a pair of shorts and a baggy T-Shirt and took your makeup off and crawled onto the bed with him. "I can't believe I'm no longer a WWE Superstar" "It's a weird feeling *you laid your head down on his shoulder and he kissed the top of your head*. He got up and put Amara in the crib and crawled into bed beside you and laid his head on your chest and wrapped his arms around you and started to cry again. "I didn't think it would be this hard to walk away" *You rub his back and kiss the top of his head as he cries into your shirt* "I know, babe... I know...". After a few minutes, he got up and went into the bathroom and washed his face with cold water and crawled back into bed and you laid your head down on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around you and kissed the top of your head. "I love you, Rachael. So much. Thank You for being here for me". You looked up at him and kissed his jaw and then his lips. "I love you too. And I'm so proud of the man you've become. You're an amazing husband and father. This past year of marriage with you has been the best and I can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend".

You and Colby had been so busy with the baby and him being on the road that you weren't able to celebrate your one year wedding anniversary, so you and Colby were going to leave Amara with his mom and go out to dinner. It was a couple of weeks late, but you didn't care. You didn't even want to go out. Spending time with your husband and daughter was the only thing that really mattered to you, but Colby felt bad for only giving you flowers and talked you into at least going out on a date.

The day after your date, you and your little family made your way back to Galveston and decided to move back to Davenport. Colby wanted to be at his wrestling school more and teach and train and make sure it's running smoothly and you decided to be a stay at home mom. Once Amara started school, you wanted to go back to school and find a job, but for now, you wanted to spent the first 4 years of her life with her.