Chapter 3

The next morning, you woke up with a killer headache. You reached for the phone and realized that you had unread text messages from your sister and Colby.

Steph: Hey! How'd last night go? Did you do anything stupid? Call me when you get this

Steph: We're getting on the plane and heading to the next city. Don't forget that your flight leaves at 10AM

You looked at the time. 7AM. You had a few hours before you had to be at the airport. You checked the texts from Colby.

Colby: Hey. Can we talk about last night? I'll be by your room at 8. Steph said your flight leaves at 10. It's the same flight as mine

You tried thinking about what happened and couldn't remember anything. You took a quick shower and threw on your athletic shorts and black T-Shirt with the WWE logo in the top left corner on the front and let your hair dry naturally. You threw away the plastic bag you had over your cast and decided to not put on any makeup. Travel days were always a pain in the ass, but so worth it.

Around 8:15, there was a knock on your door. You opened it to find Colby standing there in grey sweatpants and a black T-Shirt and sneakers with his hair in a bun. "Hey, Rachael. Can we talk?" "Of course". Colby followed you into the room and you sat on the foot of the bed criss crossed and Colby sat next to you with his left leg bent and turning to face you. "So... What do you remember from last night?" "I remember going and getting food and alcohol and going back to your room.. But that's it" "You don't remember the kiss?". You looked at him for a second and tried remembering. Then it hit you. "Oh.. Uh.. Yeah.." "Listen.. I don't want you to think that I'm THAT kind of guy" "Oh, don't worry about it. We were pretty drunk last night" "No, I need to apologize. I don't normally do that". He looked down and you grabbed his hand. "It's okay. Really. Don't worry about it. You're not that bad at it". He looked up at you and you both laughed. "Oh really?" "Really". The two of you laugh and Colby starts talking. "Listen, I really like you.. But I know you just got out of a relationship and I'm still dealing with the aftermath of mine and-" "Don't worry about it. I like you too... And I' not ready for anything right now either" "Really?" "Really" "Good because I want to ask you out. You have no idea how bad I wanna ask you out. But I don't think I'm ready to date yet, so.. Friends?". You looked at him and could tell how nervous he was. "Friends" "Good". He smiled and stood up and you stood up with him. "You know I'm gonna ask you out, right?" "If you say so, Lopez". The two of you smile at each other and Colby wraps you in a hug and kisses the top of your head. "You wanna carpool to the airport?" "I'd like that" you reply as you grab your bags and head for the door.

At the airport, you and Colby check in your bags at baggage claim and walk over to the terminal. On the plane, you both sit in first class. Your seats are only 3-4 rows from each other. Once your plane lands in the next city, you grab your things and head off to the hotel. At the hotel, you call your sister and talk to her about what happened

Steph: I cannot believe you guys kissed! I mean I knew it was coming, but not this fast

You: I know! I wasn't expecting it either

Steph: So are you guys dating now or?

You: No.. We're just friends. He said he's gonna ask me out on an official date soon. *winky face*

Steph: Get it girl! Haha. Are you coming to the show tonight?

You talked to your sister for about an hour before you decided to get dressed and ready to go to the show.

At the arena, you were in your dad's office talking to him and your sister when Colby texted you asking if you wanted to eat with him at catering.

You and Colby were sitting at a table eating when he asked when you get to stop using your brace. "About 3 months. Doctor says it's healing perfectly and I should be back in the ring before August" "Maybe you'll get called up and your first match back will be at SummerSlam" "Ha! Maybe..". The two of you talk a little more and Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns come over and sit with the two of you and you all talk and have lunch. As the live event went on, you couldn't help but wonder when Colby was gonna ask you out and how.