Chapter 18

Alastor's POV

Its been two hours and I'm starting to think of the worst when I decided to look for her an hour ago, that's until I heard something crash in the middle of the forest and I instantly went towards the sound thinking about the little fawn.

It wasn't long but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't right for there she was, hovering on the ground with a smile that I taught her to always wear.

"Dear? What happened? Where were you for the last couple of hours?" I asked her.

I curiously glanced to the debris of what seems to be a ship to see a green and red parrot demon wrapped around in vines under a wooden plank, groaning from what I assume is pain.

That's when I just noticed that she's wearing a pirate hat that's bigger than her head making it tilt backwards a little.

"This oversized off coloured chicken thought that it would be a great idea to 'capture' me. I'll give a +B for effort though." She chuckled.

I went towards the mess to examine it more and saw a broken cage under the broken down deck wrapped around in vines, assuming this is where they placed her.

I didn't like the thought of her being caged like bird.

I passed the cage to investigate for more. Bottles of beer and whatnot littered the deck and the floor, probably feasting at the thought of capturing the all feared Garden Demon. Tsk, idiots.

There were dismantled bones and skeletons crushed under the sail and some has fallen off the ship.

I went back to her with a huff but kept my smile before looking down at the pathetic bird.

"Should I take care if him?" I asked.

"Do you want to?" She asked back almost playfully.

"... Yes." I answered.

And with that, lets just say she got a lot of feathers to play around and a hat to add to her collection.

Your POV

I almost pitied that demon. Keyword, almost.

But eh he deserved it.

I managed to get the skeletons and their bones on my garden and also make tea from the herbs I got and instantly dried.

I was a little disappointed that when we came back, the cookies were already cold. But it was still delicious nonetheless.

We enjoyed the rest of the day until I had to go home to rest while he retire himself.

Placing the hat on my 'trophy costume collection' I heard a grunt behind me meaning Iris is home.

"Welcome back! How was your first day?" I asked turning around.

All I got was a grunt and her faceplanting on her bed tiredly.

"That busy huh?" I asked again.

"Hmph.." She said through her pillow agreeing making me chuckle.

"HOW BOUT YOU? HOW WAS YOUR DAY WITH THAT DEER RADIO WEIRDO?" She asked turning her head to look at me.

"Oh it was quite... Eventful. Maybe I'll tell you tomorr—" I got cut off by her snoring lightly making me shake my head and giggle.

I went to pull her blankets up and went to sleep on my bed as well.

Today sure got quite adventurous..!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry if its short, I just graduated from junior high and my mind is as blank as my answers on my past tests and quizes that I'm actually surprised that I passed XD