Chapter 35

Sir Pentious PoV

It's time.. I gulped as I straightened my bow tie and brushed back my hair, looking into the mirror and into my reflection, nervousness evident in my eyes.

"You can do it boss! I believe in ya!" #47 declared confidently.

The other eggbois nodded along, even the shy #457 bobbed along with determination in their eyes.

"Why of courssse! I can do anything if I put my mind into it!" I announced, puffing my chest proudly, ignoring the twisting anxiety tying knots and hoops in my stomach.

Slithering out my manor and out of the tunnel into the alleyway, I made a beeline for the flower shop a few blocks away and got a bouquet of Gloriosa Daisies and (F/f(lower) and started heading out towards the forest in my car with #87 driving and parking right by the border.

Clutching the (F/c) gift to my chest with the bouquet, I breathed in and out, my nerves a wreck and anxiety stress level way beyond the meter.

'what if she says no? She's not gonna hate me later, will she? What if she laughs and call me ridiculous?'

I gulped down and shook my thoughts away and entered the forest, feeling the trees and plants stare me down, making me feel small under their gazes.

It's quite dumb how flora with eyes can make you feel so pathetic with just a glance, it's unnerving and honestly, it's quite annoying.

But knowing this forest, if it hadn't known me or acknowledge me at all, it would've gotten me lost with it's enchanting maze like defense.

'Thank Lucifer she was with me back then when she dragged me around, at least the forest would've known that I'm a friend of hers.. friend huh..'

Blinking away at the sinking thought, I looked at the willow tree that we went through before when we had that picnic. It stared back down at me with blank eyes.

"Uhh.. isss (Y/n) here..? I got her ssssomething" I asked outloud, still holding the bouquet and the small box.

The trees looked at each other then back down to me and my gifts, beads of sweat starting to form as I'm starting to second guess myself and feel kind of stupid by talking to trees.

"Mmmaybe another time then.." I say as I turned around only to find a giant tree with a beautiful garden below, hanging skulls with flowers and other kinds of flora here and there, fairy lights also adorned it's branches.

I blinked in surprise and felt something nudge me towards it and looking back, it's the vines of the willow tree from earlier.

I still find it fascinating how the just somehow have a mind of its own and can pull tricks like these.

Looking around the giant tree, a giant eye suddenly opened from the trunk, it's gaze rolling towards me in an unnerving manner. It's gaze sharp and judging, the aura of it's stare, heavy with pressure.

I shrank down, eyes wide in fear and anxiety. My tail curled around me in prey defense. It stared down at me for a solid minute, which feels like forever under such pressuring gaze, before the pressure lifted and it seem to soften. It still kept it's eyes on me but at least the pressure is gone which is a relief.

"Oh? A snake with a fancy top hat?" I heard her voice ask towards no one.

I looked up to see some of her vines peeking through the leaves.

"What? He's not my boyfriend.. at least not yet if we're talkin bout the same person-" the tree rolled its eye at her reply. 'are they talking to each other??' I stood there confused.