Chapter 55 - Escaped

Start from the beginning

"This girl really..." I chuckled silently to myself after hearing what she have said. I know eavesdropping is not always a good thing, but if it would result me to hear such things that makes my heart go wild, then why not?

I decided that was enough eavesdropping, but it was the only thing I've heard upon arriving to be honest.

I knocked on her door and called out for her.

In a few seconds, the door opened revealing Jihyun in an oversized shirt, shorts which reached half of her thighs. Her hair was up in a messy bun, and I can't help but admire the fact that she still looks amazing despite her hair looking like a tumbleweed - an elegant tumbleweed.

"Hey!" she greeted with a smile. "Sorry if I am all dressed up like this, I was cleaning."

"I don't really mind, you still look wonderful," I replied, smiling a bit cheekily.

"Shut up," Jihyun scoffed despite the evident blush forming on her cheeks. Adorable. "What brings you here?"

"I wanted to help you clean," I answered.

"Oh, thanks but I could do this alone actually."

"I insist. I really want to help. Another is because I am taking you out today."

Jihyun paused in a matter of seconds before breaking into a smile and stepping aside to let me in. "I could finish cleaning some other time if you'd like."

I shook my head. "Show me where the swabs are," I told her, earning a small chuckle before passing me one from a corner.

Cleaning wasn't that hard. We just had to get rid of the dust mostly then we were done.

Jihyun asked me to wait for a while as she took a quick shower and changed into some casual clothes. While she's gone, I quickly grabbed my own set of clothes to change in from my car and got in them.

"I'm ready!" she sing-sang, coming out of her room while finishing her ponytail. "I see that you've changed too."

"Yup. So, let's go??"

She nodded, her eyes sparkling in excitement as she strutted her way towards me. "Where are you taking me this time, Mr. Byun?"

"You do know I never told you any of our dating spots, right?" I laughed which caused her to pout. "And that's not happening now too."

"Unfair," she muttered as we exited her house. She turned quickly to lock it then we headed to my car.

Like usual, I would open the door and fasten her seatbelt for her. I just like doing so because I would want her to feel very special in a different way whenever she is with me in any way possible.

Then I went to the other side, hopped in, turned the engine on and started driving.

"Let's play some music," I said, reaching out to turn the radio on and play some music.

The music totally helped the ride not to become boring, which never really is when I am with Jihyun. This time we are singing along with some familiar lyrics though.

"...I just don't understand why you never tell me where we're going~" Jihyun jokingly sang along with the tune of the on-going song making me laugh a bit.

"You know I love surprising you," I replied.

But then her smile faltered a bit when I took a glance at her followed by her saying that, "I honestly don't like surprises though.. For a particular reason."

The whole atmosphere altered quickly and my own smile was wiped off too. "Why didn't you tell me??"

"Just kidding!"