Chapter 51 - Feelings

Start from the beginning

"So... What happened between you two?" he asks in the midst of driving.

I knew what he meant but I decided to feign innocence. I just don't want to answer that question. "Between who??"

"You and Baekhyun hyung.."

"What's with Baekhyun and I??" I continued to question.

"Yeah..." he nods.

"Yeah?" I repeated.

D.O. sighed and threw me a short sideward glance. "Stop trying to dodge my question, Jihyun. What happened between you and Baekhyun?"

"It's just a small displeasure."

"Small?? He did not even drive you to school today," D.O. stated. "And knowing Baekhyun hyung, he'd never want to part from you."

I sighed, "I am sure we'll  be able to fix this thing right even before lunch. It's that small."

"Alright... If you say so."

---------

Even inside the classroom, Baekhyun did not dare to speak a single word to me.

He would usually go up to my desk and chat with me for as long as he could without are teacher then go back to his own desk right after.

But now... He's just far across the room, sitting in silence.

I sighed, resting my chin on my palm.

Soon, our English teacher came and we started a discussion - a story-telling to be exact.

We all sat there, listening to the audiobook of this short story. So short it just ended in a few minutes.

The story starts at a scene wherein the main character - a soldier, is on a date with the love of his life. They have been together for almost seven years. And the long time seemed enough for the two, the soldier proposed on that date after dancing along to the slow-dance music.

But right before the two gets married, the soldier was sent to war. At the war he met this lovely doctor in which he started to grow feelings with. Yet no matter how he tried to stop himself, he cannot help but fall for the sweet and caring lady.

And so, he asked her out as if completely forgetting that he's already engaged. The lady, in which had no idea what she is getting herself in with, agreed as she liked the soldier back.

Long story short, she finds out that she's a side piece which saddened her yet she wanted to stay with the soldier. The latter promised her still that he would break up with his fiancee and be with the doctor.

Sounds crazy but that's how the story is.

And so they flew back together to the soldier's hometown to meet the fiancee and end things with her clearly.

They even had the guts but that's what was said in the story.

And so the time came and they talked to the fiancee. The doctor was filled with guilt by seeing the girl with tears on her face, the latter did not even hurt them or got mad, she just cried saying that she accept things.

To save the relationship the soldier had with his girl, the doctor decided to leave then that's it.

"...So class, your assignment would be to create your own ending of this story, as you know how we are left hanging on a cliff in the end," she told us. "It is strict for you to use the English language---"

And with that, some of the class groaned. I may not be that good but I think I know enough to write an ending with the required language. I could use a dictionary or thesaurus anyway.