Chapter 50 - Back To Normal

Start from the beginning

"We didn't have that much requirements to pass."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes. We only had a quiz in Biology, a hundred items. We are also supposed to pass this painting today. A biopoem, haiku... What else..."

"See?? That's a lot!" I exclaimed.

"You're exempted so don't sweat about it."

"But I don't want to be exempted!" I whined, pouting slightly. Gosh, I have so much to do this weekend. I would probably skip lunch for the meantime and use that time for studies as well.

Then Chanyeol turned to me as if I grew two heads. "You're probably one of the point one percent of the people in the world who doesn't want to be exempted."

"Don't exaggerate and just focus on the road. I don't want to end up in the hospital again."

"Are you just judging my driving skills?"

"Of course not," I scoffed. "But still... It's just unjust that you guys have loads to do---"

"I'm exempted too," he cuts me off.

I turned to him and he had this smile plastered on his face. "And it seems like you're happy about it."

"It's just how a normal person response at exemption." he shrugs.

"You're saying I'm abnormal??"

"You're the one who said that," he snorted.

I rolled my eyes and slumped my back onto the backseat and fished for something in my pocket.

"I guess I am not needing this anymore," I said, showing him the phone.

"Nah, you keep that."

I frowned. "Why?"

"It'll serve as a birthday gift for you from me."

"Oh," I uttered. "Well... Thank you? It's not like you'll give me a gift in every occasion."

"Oh but I can. If you want I'll buy you one every day."

"There you go again bragging about your riches," I sighed.

"It ain't my fault if you find it that way."

Well he's right, I got used to it so you can't blame me as well. I guess I would be able to handle all his bragging but when I encounter someone calling him Mr. Popular, I cringe. Just thinking about it makes me cringe hard.

Finally, we've arrived at a Bakery. We headed in the shop and the staff greeted Chanyeol. Looks like he is well known at this place.

"Where's Yura unnie?" I questioned but Chanyeol just went straight ahead. I just sighed and followed.

But then frowned when he went straight through the counter.

"Are we supposed to---" I was interrupted when he grabbed my hand and pulled me after him.

"Yura owns this place."