Chapter 49 - Safe now

Start from the beginning

"Just admit you want to have some alone time with her, hyung."

And Baekhyun's face went beet red. Also, they are bringing food so all of us can eat here, including Chanyeol.

I sighed as I leaned back on the cushioned headboard.

"I can now finally take you out on dates, have lots of fun with you without worrying that much... I can now continue being your suitor."

I cannot help but blush at his words. This guys really knows the right words to say to women. "You never stopped being one," I said.

"What I meant is..." he trails off, finding the right words to explain his thoughts.

I chuckled, "I know what you meant. And you don't need to change anything that happened in the past."

His brows furrowed. "You don't want to be taken out on dates??"

"It's not like that," I laughed. "What I meant is you did more than what I expected despite the danger we were all into. To be honest, I expected nothing at all because I know you would surely meet those. Thanks a lot, Baekhyun."

He smiled and caressed my hand gently. "Anything for you, Jihyun."

"I just need a bit more time. I really want my feelings to right and just when I answer you," I told him.

"I'm not rushing anything, so don't you worry."

"Even if it takes years?"

"Centuries if you want."

"We're gone maybe even before we could reach a century."

He rolled his eyes and replied, "I know, Jihyun. Can't you just feel flattered?"

"I was just messing with you," I chortled lightly with a small smirk.

"Oh," he utters, letting go of my hand and walking to the other side of the room. "I almost forgot something. If I've completely forgotten he'd kill me."

"Forgotten what?" I asked, yet received no answer. Nevertheless, he'd tell me later on anyways.

Then Baekhyun walked back with a piece of folded paper in his hand. He reached it out to me as he sat back at the corner of the bed.

I took it and looked down to see what was written.

"'I'm sorry'?" I uttered out the words written. I looked up at Baekhyun in confusion. What is he to be sorry for.

Still, I opened the folded piece of paper that held a right amount of message inside.

Jihyun.

I am sorry for being such a coward I never got to tell you things I have wanted to. I am sorry for being unable to help you even before things started getting worse.

Yes, I am Youngjae's cousin. But I never knew that his revenge would be this horrible. And I never knew you were the victim. I am sorry if I lied, if I left you confused without any answers. I feel like a very bad friend - the worst friend in the world... You don't deserve someone like me, Jihyun.

Don't worry, I will be gone now. I have decided to fly back to America. See how fearful I am? I just don't want to stay there and have you acting so different with me because of that night.

I know your response, "Nothing would be different." You probably would still treat me the same way you used to.  Which is why I think you really don't deserve a friend like me. You are too kind... It hurts. I am sorry, Jihyun. I could apologize a million times to you whether you'd like it or not.