Chapter 45 - Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"What happened to you this time?" I asked yet he just kept silent. "It couldn't be because of your clumsiness this time, when on the first place you've never been clumsy, Joshua. Tell me, is there someone hurting you??"

He just kept a stare on me with a alien frown before bursting into a small fit of chuckles.

"Jihyun, it's nothing."

"This can't be nothing, Joshua," I hissed at him. "And where were you the whole morning? You weren't here! Tell me the truth, Josh, please."

He just smiled at me - a smile of assurance and held me by my shoulder. "I slipped in the shower this morning while taking a bath. And I do remember myself passing out because of it," he laughed a bit. "I just woke up an hour ago with my bruises and injuries cured. My parents told me to stay at home and just rest but I guess I can manage."

I think his answer is reasonable but some part of me still feels doubtful about it.

I sighed, "I hope you don't get this injured again the next time."

He grinned. "I won't," he answers assuringly. "Also, I would be picking you up later on the same time," he added.

I frowned. "But in that situation---"

"I will be picking you up at five," he repeats.

"Yeah, you will." I rolled my eyes at him and he just laughed.

After that, we finally talked about the performances and who would be performing. This time I wouldn't be performing though some voted for me to. It's good to give other the chance just like what Jungyoo said.

And our contestant for the pageant, we have chosen Kim Jisoo. Aside from having a beautiful voice, the girl is really lovely. Unlike other girls in school who has their faces caked, Jisoo is one of the ten percent out of a hundred percent of girls who has the least bit of cosmetic on. Her natural beauty really is stunning.

After setting everything, I accompanied Jungyoo to Principal Park to submit the papers.

Then Baekhyun and I along with the rest of our friends drove home.

"Joshua is taking me out again later," I stated after a few minutes of moments in the car.

"WHAT?!"

"HOLY---!" I exclaimed when the car stopped abruptly, Baekhyun stepped on the breaks harshly. It was a good thing we had our seatbelts on. "Are you trying to kill us??" I hissed at him with a scowl.

Yet he also returned the latter to me. "Why would you just agree to that?!"

"He is my friend, Baekhyun---"

"Still!" he cuts me off.

I quickly slapped his arm and his scowl turned to a frown soon. "Would you stop overreacting?"

"You hurt me, Jihyun..." he whines in a childish manner with his pout. His irresistible pout.

I sighed and my forehead ceased. This guy really knows my weakness. Or maybe he is my weakness.

What am I saying??

"Sorry," I sighed and caressed the part I hit. "Just, don't overreact, alright? You can pick me up by the same time----"

"Six."

"Seven," I bargained.

"Six thirty."

"Baekhyun," I whined.

He sighed and ruffled my hair. "Fine. Same time it is - eight."

"Thanks, Baek." I grinned happily at him. "Now continue driving."