Chapter 36 - Second Move

Start from the beginning

"You're right. But he is specifically scared of his father. He fears his father more than his mother."

I twitched my lips a bit to the side. "I can see that though. Mrs. Park is really sweet, though Mr. Park also appeared nice to me lately."

She nods. "Mr. Park is unpredictable. You can never know what he is thinking of at the moment. For example, if he smiles you wouldn't know if he is forcing it or it is genuine. That's how he is, really."

"Unlike Mrs. Park... I bet she really is genuinely sweet and caring," I added.

She nods. "Indeed. She is really sweet. And also really generous," she says in agreement. "And she really loved that girl Chanyeol was courting before. I once overheard the boys talking about how Mrs. Park showers her with gifts, compliments... Literally everything she could give to a girl of her age."

"You said it went on for two years - Chanyeol courting the girl... What happened after two years??"

"She's gone... They said she disappeared suddenly then never returned."

My brows furrowed. "What? Why??"

"No one knows," she sighed. "I bet it really caused great pain to Chanyeol. He had been courting her four four years."

"Four years..." I repeated. As much as I know, Chanyeol is currently nineteen at the moment. That means he started courting at the age of thirteen?? "At an early age??" I asked, eyes wide.

She nods, chuckling a bit. "I guess it was young love. But it lasted long though, because if it was just some sort of strong crush then it probably hadn't lasted for four years," she states. "The girl is his childhood best friend."

"Heeji!!"

Our heads turned behind us. Chanyeol was approaching us at a fast rate, his brows knitted together.

Heeji stood up and patted her shorts clean.

I stood up myself and patted my own pants clean and helped Heeji as she missed a few spots.

"Why would you sit on the grass?? You know your allergies.."

"I am fine, Yeol," Heeji assuringly answers.

He just sighed. Still with a frown, he said, "The guys asked me to fetch you two. They asked if you'd like to watch our training?"

I turned to Heeji and she nodded.

"Sure."

"Let's go."

Heeji and I answered at the same time and Chanyeol turned, going ahead of us.

---------

"Yay!! Movie marathon!!" Tao, Sehun and Kai exclaimed all at the same time.

We are all in the bedroom, preparing for the movie marathon. It was a good thing there is a television here so we did not have to move the one that is outside.

Each ang every one of us got comfy in our places as Kris put on the movie.

"Here are the snacks," D.O. entered along with Suho. Each of us got our own snacks.