Chapter 36 - Second Move

Comincia dall'inizio

"We'll see about that, Heeji, alright?"

She sighed, "Alright."

"Good thing your parents allow you to stay at the apartment though," I said, changing the topic. "I mean, wouldn't they be worried? They daughter is living away from them and they rarely see her?"

She just smiled, a small smile before replying, "As long as I am with Chanyeol they would rest assured. They trust him a lot... Apparently more than they trust me though. And I guess it wouldn't mind rarely seeing them, I was used to it since I was a kid. They always leave to do business stuff."

"I'm feel sad to hear that... You must have longed for them a lot of times huh?"

She nodded, still smiling though. "I actually envy other's childhood. I have nothing much to brag about mine since I never left the house for my parents always forbid me to. The only friends I had was my dog and my nanny. I was actually homeschooled. This is the only year they decided not to homeschool me."

My eyes widened. "Really?" I asked in disbelief. They homeschooled her throughout her life??

She nods. "Yeah.. That time I met Chanyeol and the rest, I only get to hang out with them when they have no school. It was the best days of my life because my parents already started to give me my own freedom."

"Now I am thinking... Have you even tried to play under the pouring rain or the scorching sun?" I questioned, feeling a bit curious about it.

She shook her head and my lips parted slightly. "Really??" she nodded as a response, probably chuckling at my reaction.

"My parents never let me out when it rains. And I always have an umbrella with me outside when it is sunny," she stated.

"So that's why you're skin is white as snow," I mused and she chuckled softly.

"You're pretty light-skinned too, Jihyun."

"I also did not experience playing that much under the sun too," I chuckled and she just smiled. "I did a few times with Joshua, but we were more of the indoor type of kids. And my parents are also busy at the day so I only played with them every night."

"That's a fun fact about you... Want to hear one about me?"

I nodded. "Of course."

"Actually... This fact is not that fun... And also not about me," she laughed. But there was something different in her laugh though. "Chanyeol was courting someone aside from the fact he already met me - the person he is bound to marry.

I gasped silently. "No way..." I uttered.

She nodded, smiling but I can see the pain though. She sighed, "It went on for two years actually.. I only found out after a year of knowing him. It was one of the reasons why I wanted to stop, but he kept on insisting. I felt like I was being played though... But I also know the fact why he does not want to end it there..."

"He is afraid to disappoint his parents," I continued for her.

"How do you know?"

"Eh... Knowing Chanyeol, he fears a lot of things and just hides it. I just guessed though," I answered. I guessed good this time.