Chapter Thirty Four

"Parent's not in?" Andy followed me into the living room and he set the pizza box onto the coffee table, he shrugged off his jacket as he sat down next to me on the couch "they've gone across state to see some family. I couldn't get the time off work. I'm happy I decided not to go with them now though" I smiled as I leant into his side and he grabbed the remote from beside me to turn on the tv.

-

The pizza was soon gone and I yawned softly as Andy pulled me close to him "I've never seen you this tired before Cass" I knew he was still concerned but I brushed it off "I'll be fine once I've had a good night's sleep with you next to me" he hummed in agreement and I kissed him before sitting up. "So what's the surprise?"

"can we wait till tomorrow now? I really just want to take you up to bed" his hand moved to rest on my thigh and a small giggle escaped my lips "sure, but I have work tomorrow" a frown made it's way onto his face "you're not going" what "I can't just not turn up for my shift Andy" he shook his head, a serious look on his face "yes you can. You don't need that job anymore" my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion and he sighed. "Another thing I've been meaning to ask you. The band has a tour coming up in a few months' time, our merch guy had to bail due to family commitments. I was wondering if you would like to join me on tour. You can be our new merch girl, that way you can still work, the bonus is we won't have to be apart" he chewed on his lip as he awaited my response and a huge grin spread across my face "sounds fun"

"so is that a yes?" he seemed unsure of my response and I just laughed "of course it is Andy" his smile matched mine as he pulled me into his embrace "now just for your main surprise tomorrow. But first, I believe we have to get you to bed" a small shriek left my lips as he hauled me up over his shoulder and we both continued to laugh as he carried me up the stairs and into my bedroom, swinging the door closed behind him as he laid me down gently onto the bed.

--

Walking into the living room Andy looked up from his phone "morning babe. I was wondering what time you would wake" I rubbed my eyes as I glanced at the clock above the fireplace. It was 11am "I guess I'd better call work and quit my job" I laughed as I finished my sentence, that felt strange to say out loud. "I guess you should. As soon as you're ready we need to head out" Andy still wouldn't give me any clues as to what this surprise of his was, no matter how much I pestered him last night.

I walked back up the stairs and into my bedroom. Sitting on the bed I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and pulled up Lee's contact. He picked up after the third ring and I won't lie, I was nervous about his reaction. "Hey Cassidy, everything ok?" I took a deep breath "hey Lee. Look I'm really sorry but I need to quit my job" I didn't bother beating around the bush, I came straight out with it and I'm glad I did. He was a little taken aback but once I had explained everything to him he seemed to understand and he was happy for me. He arranged to get my last months of wages sent to me as soon as possible and we said our goodbyes before I ended the call. Once I had calmed down from the phone call I grabbed some fresh clothes and headed for a shower to get ready for the day that Andy had planned.

--

"You ready to go?" I had just finished getting ready and I was walking down the stairs, Andy was waiting at the bottom swinging his car keys around his finger. I nodded and he smiled as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and led me out of the house. Getting into the car Andy turned up the radio and began the drive over to his place. "So, did you call work?" he asked as we pulled up to a red light "yeah, I'm now officially unemployed" I chuckled a little and Andy rested his hand gently onto my thigh "you're definitely not unemployed Cass. You work for the band now" I couldn't help but grin and I held onto his hand tightly. "So, what's the plan when we get to yours?" a smirk settled onto his face as he shook his head, his gaze focused on the road ahead "you'll just have to wait and see. You're too impatient" I pouted and he just laughed.

Pulling up outside the apartment Andy got out of the car and quickly walked around to open my door. I thanked him as he grabbed my hand and we made our way up to his apartment. He stopped outside the door and pulled out his keys "ready to be surprised" he wiggled his eyebrows and I watched him as he began to open the door. Walking in I followed behind him and as soon as he stepped to the side confusion struck me, the whole apartment had pretty much been emptied, boxes littered the entry way and some of the furniture was missing. I turned to Andy "what's going on?" he led me over to the couch that was still in the living room and we both sat down, he reached into his jacket and pulled out an envelope "surprise" he handed it over to me and I looked at him suspiciously "just open it Cass" he laughed at my hesitancy and I carefully opened the envelope, inside there was a little letter along with a set of new looking keys. I began to read the letter.

Hey Cass,

I know I'm probably sat with you right now but I wanted this surprise to be special. The keys within this letter are yours. Will you move in with me? X

After reading the letter I looked up at Andy "well?" I laughed as I nodded "I already told you that I would Andy. But this still doesn't explain why your apartment is half empty" he rolled his eyes as he laughed "I bought a house Cass. That explains why my apartment is half empty" I looked at him in shock "you what?" I thought I was hearing things "did you just say you've bought a house?" his grin widened as he nodded "I bought it for us" I couldn't help the tears that started to escape "what the fuck" I looked down at the keys in my hand and Andy placed his hand on my arm softly "are you mad?" I quickly lifted my gaze back to him and shook my head violently, pulling him into a hug "of course I'm not mad Andy. I'm shocked yes but I can't believe you've done this" he laughed at my reaction and he kissed me softly, I returned the kiss as we continued to embrace "I love you so much Andy. This is amazing" he rubbed my back and kissed my forehead "I love you too Cass. Now, do you want to go see your new home?" he pulled away from the embrace and I jumped up from the couch "yes. Let's go!" somehow his smile became even bigger and he followed my actions and led me back out of his apartment and down to his car so that we could make the journey to wherever our new home is.

-----

Hey guys. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you so much for all the love and continued support.

Don't forget to vote, comment and give me a follow. xoxo Katie